Chapter 24

“Wasn’t it Jungkook who hurt you at the club that night?”

Taeyeon remembered what Tiffany had asked her once.

“No, it wasn’t him.”

“If it wasn’t Jungkook, then who?” Tiffany goggled. She always thought Jungkook was the one who had caused Taeyeon to be taken to the hospital and received two stitches on her lips.

   “It was someone else.”

Taeyeon could still remember like it was yesterday, after Jungkook punched the wall behind her in anger, he left the club. Taeyeon quickly came inside to help her co-workers; she hit, kicked, and punched anyone who was trying to harm the other waitresses. But one of the Bulletproof henchmen grabbed her hand and tossed her crudely. That henchman didn’t stop there. He pulled Taeyeon’s hair and smacked her face until her lips chipped. Taeyeon struggled to survive, she bit his arm until he groaned and hit her head. Taeyeon felt like she was about to pass out, but the henchman clutched her neck. When his wild eyes scanned her chest, Taeyeon knew she was in a big trouble.

That henchman grinned passionately. He ripped off her uniform. Taeyeon looked around to seek for help, but everybody was busy rescuing their own lives.

Suddenly, someone grabbed that henchman’s collar and quickly smashed his head. The henchman staggered.

Jungkook looked at what that henchman had done to Taeyeon. He saw her ripped clothes. Taeyeon tried to cover her upper body from Jungkook’s stare. She wouldn’t let anyone affront her like that.

Jungkook turned to his henchman. He looked so furious. He punched him over and over again. The wounded henchman begged for mercy, but Jungkook didn’t seem to listen. He kept smacking that man until he passed out. Jungkook was only stopped by Yoongi who grabbed his hand.

“Enough, Jungkook-ssi. Enough.”

Jungkook warded off his hyung’s hand. He panted heavily and took off his blazer. He threw it to Taeyeon.

“Let’s go, Hyung. Lee Seonghwa isn’t here. These people are useless.”

Taeyeon tossed Jungkook’s blazer. She faltered outside the club.

Yoongi saw her. “Jungkook-ssi, that woman is following you.”

Jungkook turned around and looked at Taeyeon. “Don’t act like you’re stronger than anyone else. You’re not. Just look at yourself.”

Taeyeon forced her feet to stand on the ground. But after the Bulletproof Boys left the club, she immediately fell down by the wall.

No one seemed to see Taeyeon sat there all alone. Everybody left the club frantically. Her co-workers pretended not to see her there. Maybe they really didn’t see her. They all were injured too. Who had time to notice a small woman who looked as if she had lost the will to live? But Taeyeon didn’t lose her will to live, she just didn’t want to do anything. She just wanted to be alone.[]