Chapter 3

Tiffany was one hundred percent positive that this strange guy in front of her was crazy. Maybe the bouncer had hit his head too hard that he wasn’t able to think straight anymore. What a poor guy!

“Stay away from me.”

Taehyung shrugged his shoulders, “sorry, but I never make promises that I know I can’t keep.”

“You’ve lost your mind.” Tiffany stepped back and turned her heels around. She walked faster than ever.

Taehyung laughed while watching her. He shouted, “I will wait for you tomorrow.”

Tiffany stopped walking. She turned around and saw Taehyung still standing in his spot. “I’ve had a boyfriend.” She said.

Taehyung gazed at her. He smiled mysteriously, “I didn’t ask that question. But your boyfriend won’t change what I feel for you.”

……….............................................

The next day, Tiffany found Taehyung had been waiting for her at the same place as yesterday. Tiffany pretended not to see him there. But Taehyung read her mind. That handsome guy quickly jumped and blocked her way.

Tiffany tried hard to ignore him. She walked pass him, but Taehyung stepped back. Tiffany lifted her face and looked at Taehyung open wide. Her gaze saying, ‘step aside, I need to go.’

Taehyung smiled. His hand reached something behind his back. It was a flower. A red rose to be exact. Taehyung handed that rose to her.

Tiffany looked at that rose bewilderedly. She spontaneously lifted her beautiful face and looked Taehyung in the eyes.

“Will you go for a coffee with me?” Taehyung smiled like an innocent baby.

“No.” Tiffany coldly replied. She thrust the flower back to him.

Taehyung looked sad. He shook his head a little, almost imperceptibly, as if he regretted something. “A beautiful flower for a beautiful girl….” He mumbled.

Basically, Tiffany wasn’t a heartless girl, she almost felt sorry to see the sad expression on Taehyung’s face when she suddenly realized that she wasn’t responsible for that strange guy’s feeling. He was the one who kept bothering her. They didn’t even know each other, but that guy was boldly and shamelessly asking her to have a coffee with him. Okay, he got the guts, but he was impudent. She thought to herself.

“You should leave.” Tiffany said.

Taehyung took a breath and sighed, “you can ask me to do anything but not that one. I can’t do that.”

“What do you really want from me?” Tiffany lost track of how many times she had asked him that same question.

Taehyung gave her his signature smile, “I just want to buy you a drink…. Or marry you.”

Tiffany goggled. She really couldn’t believe what she had just heard.

“Have you lost your mind? How could you say you wanted to marr… Oh, what should I do to make you disappear?” Her words were almost heard as a prayer rather than questions.

“It’s simple; just let me buy you a coffee.”

………………….................................

Tiffany reluctantly agreed to let Taehyung buy her a cup of coffee so that he would leave her alone. So there she was, sitting at a nice coffee shop near the bus stop. Tiffany waited on her table while Taehyung was happily ordering drinks for both of them.

Tiffany secretly glanced at Taehyung. That guy was really gorgeous and looked sympathetic. She hated to admit this, but his smile gave her a nice warm feeling. If only she had never seen the ugly side of him, Tiffany wouldn’t mind to befriend him. But unfortunately, she had seen the ugly side of him. A very ugly side she resented the most.

Tiffany spontaneously looked at the window when Taehyung walked toward their table with two cups of coffee in both hands.

   Tiffany sipped her iced coffee. “Why do you keep bothering me?” She asked without looking at Taehyung.

“Because I like you very much.” Taehyung stirred his cappuccino.
Tiffany scoffed. “I bet you always do that to every girl you like.”

“Nope, I never did this before.”

   Tiffany glanced at him.

Taehyung smiled, “you are the first girl I like.”

“Don’t lie. I’ve met many men like you. You guys always say such thing to seduce women. Sorry, it won’t work on me.” Tiffany took another sip.

Taehyung suddenly burst into laugh. “I don’t know what kind of guys you’ve met before, but I am not them.” He stopped laughing, “you are really the first girl I like… and chances are, you will also be the last girl for me.”

Tiffany stared at Taehyung. For one unknown reason, it seemed like she had lost words to say.

Taehyung smirked, “why are you looking at me like that? Do you like me already?”

Tiffany snapped back to reality, “in your dream!”

Taehyung shrugged his shoulders, happily smiling, and said, “that will be a very beautiful dream. Luckily for me, my dreams always do come true.”

Tiffany’s face turned red. She was speechless. She quickly regretted her decision to have a coffee with this weird guy. He was so unbelievably annoying!

“Don’t wish too much. What you’re doing is useless. I will never date you, you know that well.” Tiffany twirled her cup.

Taehyung shrugged his shoulders, “we’ll never know what tomorrow brings. Maybe you won’t fall in love with me, maybe you will….” He leaned forward, “but as long as I am still alive, I will do anything to make you fall in love with me.”

Tiffany felt as if she was in a sauna. Is it only her or is it really hot in here? After a few seconds, she finally replied, “then what? What would you do if I fell in love with you?” Oh, Tiff! That was a really stupid question! She reprimanded herself as soon as she realized she had asked the wrong question.

“Then of course I’m going to marry you, make you my wife and the mother of our children.” Taehyung said happily as if someone had just offered him a very fine dinner.

Tiffany almost choked upon hearing Taehyung’s naïve answer. She looked at him in disbelief. “And what if I never fall in love with you?”

Taehyung leaned against the chair. “I’m never good at accepting defeat and rejection… but if that will make you happy, I’ll be gone from your life, then.”

   Tiffany awkwardly touched her cup, she lifted it, wanted to sip the coffee inside, but then she put the cup back onto the table. “You don’t know anything about me.”

Taehyung smiled, “I will be glad to get to know you better.”

“You don’t know who I really am.”

“You’re right, I don’t.” Taehyung paused for a while. “I may not know everything about you, but that won’t make me like you less.”

Tiffany shook her head, “how can you be so stubborn and stupid?”

Taehyung crossed his arms and smirked, “maybe that’s because I’m in love with you.”[]