Chapter 7

Tiffany was daydreaming. “I can’t give up on someone I’ve already fallen in love with…..” Taehyung’s deep voice kept echoing in her ears. “Does he mean what he says?” Tiffany mumbled.

Taeyeon secretly watched Tiffany. She really had a bad feeling when she saw her best friend’s facial expression. Tiffany’s body was surely here on Earth, in their living room to be precise, but her mind must be wandering somewhere else. Taeyeon called her names several times, but Tiffany didn’t seem to hear her.

“Are you thinking about that guy again?” Taeyeon lost her patience. She hit Tiffany’s left arm.

Tiffany was startled. Her face was as red as a tomato. She smiled awkwardly.

Taeyeon didn’t say a word. She was waiting for Tiffany to spill any beans.

“Taeyeon-ah, do you believe in love?” Tiffany asked out of the blue.

Taeyeon looked at her best friend in an indescribable way, “it doesn’t matter what I believe in. Men always give us headache. That’s all I know.”

Tiffany pinched Taeyeon’s arm, “Yah, you should loosen up a little bit.” She chuckled. “Eh, what if we go to the hospital and see Seohyun?”

Taeyeon smiled widely, “sure. Give me five minutes to change my clothes.” Taeyeon got up from the couch.

She took a quick glance at Tiffany before leaving the room. Tiffany looked so happy it made Taeyeon want to cringe. She sighed heavily, Fany-ah, I just don’t want you to get hurt….

………………………………………………..

Taehyung flipped his phone and beamed. He had never been this happy. Going to the theme park that day was really the best thing he had ever done in his life. Tiffany’s eyesmile really made him crave for more. How could she be that pretty and cute at the same time? Even when she pouted, it would only make her look cuter.

Taehyung stared at the copy of Vermeer’s painting hung on the wall. Mr. Bang might be a bit demanding, but he surely knew some artsy stuffs. On another side of his office, Mr. Bang hung ‘Landscape with the Fall of Icarus’ by the Netherlandish painter, Pieter Bruegel the Elder. That painting was Taehyung’s favorite. He could stare at it for hours.

“Hyung, you must be thinking about that girl again, right?” Jungkook broke the silence. This dongsaeng looked at his hyung suspiciously.

Taehyung put his phone into his pocket. He smiled, “I can’t help it. She came into my mind and never leaves again.”

Jungkook snorted, “aish, Hyung’s so cheesy. Hmm, that girl is really stupid if she ever falls for your cheesy jokes.”

“I might sound cheesy, but I’m not joking.”

Jungkook looked at his hyung seriously, “do you really like her that much?” Kim Taehyung had never shown any sign of being attracted to women before. Could it be that this time he seriously liked that girl?

Taehyung wiggled his index, “correction! I really LOVE her that much. And you can call her Tiffany. That’s her name.”

“Does she love you back?”

“I don’t know. But I think she’s so close to fall in love with me.” Taehyung crossed his arms and sighed. He would literally give anything to know what Tiffany really felt for him.

“What if she never falls in love with you, Hyung?”

Taehyung spontaneously hit Jungkook’s arm, “Yah, Kookie-ah, don’t scare me like that.”