Chapter 25

“Listen, Hyung. I have a plan.” Jungkook said to Taehyung. They were standing outside Seohyun’s room. Tiffany and Taeyeon were accompanying their maknae inside.

“What is it?” Taehyung would agree to any plans Jungkook had if that could help those girls free from Lee Seonghwa’s clutch.

“Let’s move them to a safer place. I can arrange your escape tonight.”

Taehyung gazed at Tiffany inside the room. She was talking to Taeyeon. It made Taehyung happy to see that girl able to smile again.

“It’s easy to move Tiffany and Taeyeon, but what about Seohyun? How can we take her? She needs that life support machine.” Taehyung felt Jungkook’s plan was too ambitious.

“I’ll talk to Namjoon hyung. He can lend us some money to pay for Seohyun’s life support machine and protection for her unnies. I know it’s temporary, but the the most important thing is, we get the girls away from Lee Seonghwa.” Jungkook sighed. “I’ve seen what he does to Taeyeon and I can’t let him do that anymore….”

Taehyung leered at his dongsaeng. He frowned. He had known Jungkook for years, that guy had never cared for anyone, let alone a girl. “Jungkook-ah, do you fall in love with Taeyeon?”

Jungkook stared at the floor. He wasn’t sure if the feeling he felt inside his heart could be called ‘love’…. He had never been in love before, how could he ever know how it felt? “It’s not important, Hyung.” He said. “Maybe I just pity her, or feel sorry for her….”

Taehyung smiled. His dongsaeng had grown up. He had become a much better man.

At that same night, they told the girls about their plan to escape.

“But what about Seohyun?” Tiffany asked. She looked at her youngest sworn sister. “She will need that life support machine.”

“Don’t worry, we’ll move her to another hospital far from Seoul, someplace where Lee Seonghwa won’t be able to find her or hurt her.” Jungkook said. “She’ll get the same medication as she has here, maybe even better.”

“But what about the expense? You know we can’t afford it.” Tiffany looked so sad.

Taehyung held her hand and warmly smiled, “don’t worry. We can afford it.”

“But how?”

“You don’t have to think about it. We’ll carry the burden together.” Taehyung grinned. “Don’t underestimate your boyfriend, Fany-ah, I’m more than just a handsome guy who stole your heart.” He winked.

Tiffany smiled. She was touched by Taehyung’s sincerity. That was one of so many reasons why she loved that man so much.

   Jungkook added, “I’ll help too. I will do anything to make sure Seohyun-ssi will receive a proper medication.”

“But why are you doing this?” Taeyeon asked. “I understand if Taehyung wants to do this, but you? Why? You have nothing to do with us.”

Jungkook felt his face turn red. He avoided Taeyeon’s stare. “I’m Taehyung hyung’s dongsaeng, of course I must help him.” And he secretly murmured. “I thought you considered me as your friend….”

Taeyeon heard Jungkook’s murmur. She smiled.

One hour later, Namjoon came with his subordinates. When Jungkook and Taehyung called to ask for his help, he quickly agreed. Bulletproof Boys were his family. They never left each other behind.

The first thing they did was take Tiffany and Taeyeon to Namjoon’s house where they would stay there for another night. The next morning, they would move Seohyun to another hospital in Busan. Namjoon’s subordinates would stay outside Seohyun’s room just in case Lee Seonghwa searched for Tiffany and Taeyeon there before they could move the maknae to the other hospital.

……………………………………………….

It had been a week since Tiffany, Taeyeon, and Seohyun escaped Lee Seonghwa. They now lived in Jeonju. Namjoon suggested that they should escape to United States if they wanted to be completely free from Lee Seonghwa.

“I can’t leave Seohyun here.” Tiffany refused. If they couldn’t take Seohyun with them, then she didn’t want to go to America.

   “You should go with Taehyung. I will stay with Seohyun.” Said Taeyeon.

“But—“

“No but, Fany-ah. Your life is more important. Lee Seonghwa is after you, not me. And even if she found me here,” Taeyeon leered at Jungkook who was sitting beside her.

“I will protect Taeyeon noona.” Jungkook quickly replied.

Tiffany smiled. Not because she would go to America with Taehyung safely, but because she could see there was something special between Taeyeon and Jungkook. Her opinion about that young gangster had changed. Jungkook could be a sweet man for Taeyeon. Tiffany often caught him looking at Taeyeon so tenderly—the way Taehyung looked at her. And knowing that Taeyeon had someone to protect her made Tiffany really happy.

“But how long should we stay in US? All I want is to live with you guys.” Tiffany said.

“It’s just temporary, Tiffany-ssi. You and Taehyung must look for a good hospital that will give a better medical treatment for Seohyun. And after that, all of you can live together again.” Namjoon said.

Taehyung held Tiffany’s hand more tightly. He nodded to her—to convince her that it would be the best plan for all of them.

Tiffany sighed. There was something she wanted to do before they left for America… Something that only Taehyung could do, but she was reluctant to ask him to.

Taehyung caught something in her eyes and he secretly understood.[]