Chapter 23

“Fany-ah….” Tiffany’s name was the first word Taehyung uttered when he found that beautiful woman sitting in Seohyun’s room.

Tiffany turned around in disbelief. She had thought she would never hear his deep voice again.

“Taehyung-ssi…”

Taeyeon didn’t want to disturb these two lovers. She quietly left the room.

“What brought you here? Have you got two billion won yet?” Tiffany tried her best to be heartless in front of Taehyung, but it was too hard for her to even hide her longing for him. She missed Taehyung so much… So much it almost killed her.

Taehyung stepped farther into the room. “Stop it. No need to pretend anymore.”

Tiffany bit her lips.

“Why didn’t you ever tell me about Seohyun?” Taehyung glanced at the girl who was lying down unconsciously. Did she know what her unnies had done for her? “You’ve suffered all these times… and I didn’t even know anything about it.”

Tiffany’s body was shaking. She tried hard to hold her tears inside. “That’s not true. I’m not suffering at all….”

Taehyung touched her pretty face. “How could I not see the sadness in your eyes? How stupid I have been…. Please forgive me, Fany-ah…”

“No… you don’t need to be sorry… I… I—“ Tiffany began to sob.

“Don’t you worry, Sweetie, I’ll carry your burden from now on… Just hang in there a little more. I’ll get that freedom for you. For Taeyeon. And also for Seohyun.”

Tiffany shook her head. When she lifted her head, tears had already rolled down her pretty face. “I don’t want you to get hurt. Please go and forget everything about me….”

“I can’t. Taehyung wiped Tiffany’s tears with his thumbs. “You know why? Because you are my reason to live.”

Tiffany held Taehyung’s hand. His hand felt so warm, she didn’t want to let it go.

“I love you so damn much it hurts not to see your beautiful smile even for a second.”

“I……”

“The most beautiful moment in my life is when I see you happy. Please don’t command me to leave and find someone else. I don’t want to live in a world where there’s no you….”

“Taehyung-ssi…,” Tiffany touched Taehyung’s handsome face. She had to tell him what she had been keeping inside all these times. “I love you so much, Kim Taehyung-ssi….”

Taehyung pulled her close and kissed her gently. He held her and gave her a very long kiss. The time seemed to stop in their universe.

Taeyeon watched those two lovebirds from the outside. Her lips drew a fainted smile. All she ever wanted was to see Tiffany happy. And Taeyeon knew, only Taehyung who could make that woman happy.

“Taeyeon noona, are you crying?”

Taeyeon looked away to avoid Jungkook’s stare. She didn’t realize she had shed a tear. “I just want Tiffany to be happy….”

Jungkook leaned against the wall behind him. “Someday, you’ll be happy too… Just like Tiffany noona.”

“I’m not a queen of wishful thinking. It’s enough for me if Tiffany lives happily with the man she loves.”

Jungkook gazed at Taeyeon. This woman was so small. She looked so fragile like she was made of crystal. Jungkook smiled. He remembered how this petite woman fought him and the Bulletproof Boys fiercely. She didn’t quiver even when Imho—his henchman’s name—slapped her in the face. Jungkook secretly clutched his fist in anger everytime he was reminded of that night.

“Don’t you ever want to be like Tiffany noona too?”

Taeyeon glanced at Jungkook. “What do you mean?”

Jungkook sighed and looked at the ceiling above them. Why was it getting hard to look at Taeyeon’s eyes without feeling his heart race like crazy? “Somewhere in this world, there’s a guy who will love you the way Taehyung-hyung loves Tiffany noona.”

“Really? Is there such a guy for me? For someone like me?” I’m already damaged, who wants to love a woman like me? Taeyeon smiled painfully.

Jungkook felt his face hot like it was burning. “Y-yes, there is… Maybe right now, that man just can’t express his feelings for you….”

“I hope he’s worth waiting for….”[]