Chapter 22

Tiffany sat on the chair beside Seohyun’s bed. She held her friend’s hand tightly. Tiffany’s face was looking really sad.

   “Taehyungie….” She murmured.

   “Are you thinking about Taehyung?” Taeyeon leered at her best friend. “Why did you leave him and come back to Seonghwa Oppa?”

   Tiffany looked at her. Taeyeon was staring at her coldly. Tiffany understood, Taeyeon must’ve been really disappointed in her. Taeyeon had sacrificed herself to allow Tiffany escape with Taehyung, but all she did was return to the same damned place where she had been suffering all through the years.

   “I had to. Money runs this world, not love.”

   “So, Seonghwa really threatened you…” Taeyeon crossed her hands. “What did he say this time? Pulling out Seohyun’s life support machine?”

   Tiffany shook her head. “It doesn’t matter what he said…. Everything is over now.”

   “It matters to me.” Taeyeon raised her voice. “I want you to be happy…. I don’t stay here to see you suffer. Don’t you understand that?”

   Tiffany miserably looked at Taeyeon. “But I couldn’t live knowing you suffering too.”

   Taeyeon gritted her teeth. “If you stayed with Taehyung, at least one of us could live happily….” Her eyes softened. “And I’d be happy too.”

   Tiffany’s lips were trembling. “Seonghwa oppa said he would kill Taehyung if I didn’t come back to him….”

   “He … what?” Taeyeon choked up.

   “I don’t want Seonghwa oppa to hurt Taehyung. I don’t want to live just to see him die…” Tiffany rubbed Seohyun’s hand she was holding. “Everything is better off this way… At least I know Taehyung lives unharmed.”

   “And what about you? Are you happy living like this?”

   Tiffany stared at the empty wall. “As long as Taehyung lives, I’m willing to live like this. It’s my fate.”

   “But Taehyung is suffering too. He loves you too much to live his life without you…”

   “Someday… I believe Taehyung will find another girl, someone who is much better and deserves him more than me….”

   Taeyeon shook her head. “You’re only fooling yourself, Tiffany.”

   Tiffany turned her head and looked at Taeyeon in the eyes. Her eyes had already wet. “What is left for me, then? I miss Taehyung so much it pierces my heart every second, but I can’t even see him….”

   Taeyeon hugged Tiffany. Why did God create such a sad life for them to live in?

……………………………………………….

“What do you mean, Jungkook-ah? Tell me what’s with Seohyun!”

   Jungkook sighed painfully. “Seohyun is in a coma at the hospital. She got an accident five years ago. That’s why Tiffany noona and Taeyeon noona work for Lee Seonghwa. Only Seonghwa who can pay for Seohyun’s medication. She needs a life support machine to keep her alive.” Jungkook’s voice sounded like the sound of a slashing sword to Taehyung’s ears.

   “In return, Tiffany noona has to sell herself to Seonghwa…..”

   Taehyung smashed the table. There were four other customers who were enjoying their meals. They looked up to see who had caused that loud noise.

   “How could you not tell me about this earlier?” Taehyung hissed in anger.

   “Taeyeon noona said Tiffany didn’t want you to find out about this. She knew it would only make you devastated.”

   Taehyung rose from his chair. “I gotta see Tiffany right now!”[]