Chapter 33

A second before the man with glasses thrust his knife into his chest, Taehyung swung his blade and slashed his neck. The red blood splattered and tainted Taehyung’s face.

The man with the glasses spontaneously held his bleeding neck. His eyes goggled in disbelief. Taehyung stabbed him with the blade he was holding.

The man with the glasses fell onto the ground behind him. His eyes still goggled.

Taehyung managed to free himself for that man’s chain. Taehyung thrust his sword to the ground to help him get back up. He ignored all the pains and wounds all over his body. With all the strength left in him, Taehyung rushed to drive his car to the hospital.

Taehyung ignored the curious stares that followed him along his way to the delivery room. Some nurses and doctors rushed to help him, but Taehyung brushed them off.

“Ahjussi, you need to get help.”

Taehyung kept walking. He had to see Tiffany. He needed to be by her side. His wife must be calling for his name right now.

When Taehyung finally entered the delivery room, he saw Tiffany was crying in pain.

“Fany-ah,” Taehyung rushed to approach his wife.

“Taehyungie!” Tiffany cried. Her beautiful eyes goggled. Her husband was covered in blood. She reached her hands for him. Taehyung quickly embraced her and held her hand tightly.

“It’s alright, baby, I’m here. I’m here and I will never leave you.” Taehyung smiled and kissed his wife’s forehead.

Tiffany cried. “Are you hurt? Who did this to you? ”

Taehyung shook his head. Seeing his wife’s face had given him a tremendous strength. He couldn’t feel any pains. “Shhhttt…, don’t worry, I’m all right.”

………………………………………………

“I want to see Tiffany’s baby….” Taeyeon smiled. “But I know it’s impossible. I just wish…. Huk!” She coughed another blood.

“Taeyeon-ah!” Jungkook panicked. “Huk!” He also coughed blood.

Taeyeon wiped the blood on her mouth. “Jungkook-ssi, I know it’s impossible for me to see Tiffany’s baby… so.., I wish I could just … see the stars….”

Jungkook nodded. “You will… You will….” Jungkook got out of his car. He trembled to open the door for Taeyeon. His hands were all shaking hard. “Let me carry you….” He lifted Taeyeon’s body and carried her to the sidewalk.

Jungkook just realized that his car had stopped at the child’s playground. He saw a bench, but his legs had lost their strength. He fell down before he could reach it.

Jungkook held Taeyeon really close while tears kept running down his cheeks. “Taeyeon-ah, can you see all the stars above us?”

Taeyeon faintly nodded. “They’re beautiful.” She felt really cold. Taeyeon’s eyes got heavier, but she forced herself to stay awake. She knew the next time she closed her eyes, she might never be able to open them anymore. “Jungkook-ssi…, thank you … for… everything you’ve done for me…” She coughed.

“Shhhhhttt…..” Jungkook bit his lips. Taeyeon was really small and light in his embrace. “Don’t you dare to say goodbye to me. I will… I will…” Jungkook choked on his own words. “I will hold you forever. We will get married—just like Taehyung hyung and Tiffany noona… We will have our own babies. We will have twelve naughty children…. And… and you will scold me for teasing you a lot……”

Taeyeon smiled. Jungkook’s words sounded like something she could only find in a fairy tale. Her body was cold like it was made of ice, but her heart was warm. “Why are you so nice to me?”

Jungkook trembled. He took a deep painful breath. “I love you Kim Taeyeon-ah. I only love you. There’s no other girl for me. Even when I’m in a crowd, you’re the only one I see…. It’s always been you….”

Jungkook ducked. He kissed Taeyeon’s bleeding lips. It was their first kiss… and Jungkook knew, it would be their last kiss….

Taeyeon touched Jungkook’s face and smiled. Her eyes dimmed. “I love you too, Kiddo…” She struggled to breathe. “Let’s meet again in another life, Jungkook-ssi….”

Jungkook nodded. “Yes…, let’s meet again in another life… Please wait for me, Taeyeon-ah…..” His tears fell onto Taeyeon’s forehead.

Taeyeon wanted to nod, but she never had a chance. When her eyes finally lost their light, Jungkook knew that the only woman he had ever loved in his life had passed away. She left Jungkook with a smile on her lips.

Jungkook growled, cried, and howled like a wounded wolf. He kept holding Taeyeon’s body tightly. Every drop of his tears fell down uncontrollably.

……………………………………………….

A cry from a new born baby broke out in the middle of the night. Tiffany sobbed when she saw the doctor lifted her crying baby.

“Congratulation Mr. and Mrs. Kim, your baby is really beautiful.” The doctor smiled.

Tiffany’s own cry broke out. She cried on Taehyung’s chest. There was something in her heart that she could never explain. Taehyung held his wife. He himself couldn’t contain his own tears. He kissed his wife’s hair over and over again. She had struggled a lot. Seeing her giving birth to a new life made Taehyung love Tiffany even more. His love for her had broken the scale.

………………………………………………

Namjoon and Yoongi rushed to get out of their car. But when they saw the scenery in front of them, those two men staggered in place.

“JUNGKOOK-SSI!!!!” Namjoon ran to kneel before his dongsaeng. “Jungkook-ssi!!!” He shouted.

But it was too late. Jungkook had died. He died holding Taeyeon in his arms.

“Jungkook-ssi! Taeyeon-ssi!” Namjoon shook their bodies. But those two lovers never answered him.

Yoongi tripped. He couldn’t believe that they were too late to save their dongsaeng and his lover. Every memory he had had with Jungkook flashed before his eyes.

“Why…?” Yoongi panted so heavily. Why couldn’t he help his dongsaeng when he needed him the most?

Namjoon held Jungkook and Taeyeon’s dead bodies in sorrow. He couldn’t contain his anguish and regret.

A few minutes ago, Jungkook called him.

“Hyung…., when you find me, please take something inside my left pocket. I leave it for you. It’s a gift for Taehyung hyung and Tiffany noona….”

Namjoon took something out of Jungkook’s pocket. It was a small recorder. He played it to hear what his dongsaeng had recorded.

“Whose life do you want to save? Your life or that scoundrel’s life?” Seonghwa’s voice was clearly heard out of  the recorder.

Namjoon felt as if he was struck by a lightning bolt. Jungkook had recorded everything that happened inside Lee Seonghwa’s house. He even recorded his own death.

Yoongi punched the cold ground in front of him. His hand trembled in anger.[]