Chapter 21

“What do you want, Taehyung-ssi?” Mr. Bang looked at his ex-godson. “I thought you didn’t want to work here anymore.”

Taehyung gulped. “I need some money.”

“That’s nothing new. Everybody needs money.” Mr. Bang whirled his chair. “That’s how this world works.”

“I really need money right now.” Taehyung ignored Mr. Bang’s satire.

“How much do you need?” Asked Mr. Bank after a few seconds.

“Two billion won.”

Bang Shi Hyuk looked at Taehyung as if that young man was kidding. He suddenly laughed real loud. “Two billion? What do you take me for? A federal bank?”

“I’ll do anything….” Taehyung had never begged before.

“Listen to me, Taehyungie. Money doesn’t grow on trees. I don’t have two billion won. And even if I did, why would I want to give it to you?”

Taehyung bit his lips restlessly. “I really need that money. I will do anything, I’d sell my soul if I had to….”

Mr. Bang got up from his cozy seat. He walked to the window in his study before he finally glanced at Taehyung and asked, “why do you need that amount of money? Two billion won is too much… even for you.”

Taehyung looked away, “I need the money to buy a freedom….”

“Freedom?” Bang Shi Hyuk raised his eyebrow. “Hmmm… Jungkook told me you fell in love with a girl from XX Club… Is it for her?”

Taehyung didn’t say a word.

Bang Shi Hyuk took a deep breath. “I’ve known you since you were just a child, Taehyungie. I’ve considered you as my own son, so let me tell you this.”

It had been years since Mr. Bang called him ‘Taehyungie’.

“Don’t try to buy a woman’s heart with money if you really love her. A woman who is worth two billion won isn’t worth a man’s true heart.”

“I don’t need your advice right now. All I need is two billion won.”

Bang Shi Hyuk grinned. He realized Taehyung had changed. “I can help you get two billion won, but you need to do something.”

“I’ll do anything.” Taehyung took the bait.

Mr. Bang approached his ex subordinate. “But if ever you happen to get caught by the authority, I’ll deny any connection to you. You’re on your own, Taehyung-ssi.”

Taehyung gazed at Bang Shi Hyuk coldly. “I understand.”

……………………………………………..

The job that Mr. Bang gave to Taehyung was drug smuggling. He had to take the drug to their customers around the city, but most of the time, Taehyung had to deliver the packages by ship. It was a really dangerous mission. If he got caught by the police, he could face a death sentence.

Jungkook who happened to hear the news from Jimin quickly went to meet Taehyung himself.

“Don’t do it anymore, Hyung.”

“I need money right now. A lot of money.”

They were sitting at a small restaurant.

“What if Hyung get caught? Do you realize what you put yourself into?” Jungkook squeezed the chopstick in his hand so hard it broke.

“I can’t listen to you, Kook.”

Jungkook had never been this furious. “It’s a trap, Hyung! Mr. Bang just wants to punish you for leaving us!”

Taehyung lifted his head. “I know… But this is all I can do to get two billion won.”

Jungkook was startled. “Two billion won? What for?” He leaned back. “Wait, is it for Tiffany noona?”

“Don’t put the blame on your noona. I need to buy her freedom.”

“Freedom? You mean you are settling her debt to Seonghwa because that devil pays for Seohyun’s medication?”

Taehyung frowned. “What do you mean with Seohyun’s medication? What happened to Seohyun?”

“Hyung didn’t know?” Jungkook was totally perplexed. “Tiffany noona never told you about Seohyun?”[]