Chapter 19

Tiffany carried two plastic bags in her hands. She smiled as she thought about what she was going to cook that day. Taehyung loved japchae. Tiffany always loved to see him eating her cooking. His childish smile. A never ending praise and comments such as “woah, I’ve tasted japchae before, but it’s never been this delicious.” Or “Are you trying to make me fat so that no girls will ever adore me anymore? Cause I can’t stop eating! This is really good… nyam-nyam… really-really good!”

   Tiffany giggled remembering her cute boyfriend. “Okay, I’ve got beef, carrot, eggs, shitake mushrooms… hmmm, did I forget something?” She thought for two seconds. “No. I’ve got everything.”

She happily walked to her apartment.

“How have you been, Tiffany?”
Tiffany dropped her plastic bags when she saw who was standing in front of her.

“Se-Seonghwa Oppa…”

Seonghwa sneered.

“How did you find me?” She staggered.

“You can try to run, but you can’t escape me. I will always find you….”

“Wh-why are you here?” Tiffany was more than just petrified to see the smirking devil in front of her.

“I want you back.” Seonghwa calmly said.

Tiffany shook her head, “that’s impossible. Taehyung and I are getting—“

“—married?” Cut Seonghwa. “Forget that stupid idea. You can never live with him. He can’t give you anything. He’ll only make you starve.”

“Not everything is about money.”

Seonghwa scoffed. “It’s so ironic to hear it from you… you know that?”

“You can’t control me anymore. I’m not the same girl you used to know.”

Seonghwa walked towards Tiffany. “I’ll make you see what kind of girl you really are.”

All of sudden, Tiffany felt her feet slowly turned into ice. When Seonghwa touched her chin, Tiffany spontaneously stepped backward.

Seonghwa grinned scornfully, “do you know what Taeyeon is doing for you?”

Tiffany glared in horror. “Taeyeon-ssi… is she alright? You don’t do anything to her… right?”

“Sure. She is my new toy. I enjoy her presence. Whatever you did, she does it twice harder than you.”

Tiffany spontaneously raised her hand to slap Seonghwa, but that man was quicker. He caught Tiffany’s wrist.

“You’re really disgusting!” Tiffany glowered at Seonghwa.

He sneered viciously, “I didn’t ask her. Taeyeon offered herself to me willingly.” Seonghwa moved his face closer to Tiffany’s. “And do you know why she did that?”

Tiffany instantly found it hard for her to breathe. “… So that I could be free….”

Seonghwa tossed Tiffany’s hand. “Sadly, no matter how hard I try to please myself with your stupid friend, I still miss my old toy…” he shook his head. “I’m so bored that I start to think about getting rid of the person who has stolen my favorite toy.”

   Just when Tiffany thought Seonghwa could never frighten her anymore, she realized she was wrong. “What…?”

“You decide it. Should I kill Seohyun… or Taehyung?”

Tiffany had never been that scared in her life. “Why do you keep torturing me? Why can’t you just let me go?” She shouted desperately.

“I just want to teach you that nothing is free in this world. You have to pay for what you choose.”

Tiffany was frozen.

Seonghwa smiled, “so, what are you going to choose now?”

………………………………………………

Taehyung went home earlier to give a surprise for Tiffany. He had secretly saved his money to buy her a wedding ring. Everything was settled. He had found a church where they would have their wedding ceremony. That handsome man just couldn’t wait to bend on his knees and ask Tiffany’s hand in marriage.

But when he got home, Tiffany wasn’t there. At first, Taehyung thought Tiffany must have gone to a nearby convenience store. That girl always forgot something to buy. Taehyung texted Tiffany, but it was never delivered. Taehyung began to worry if anything had happened to his girlfriend.

He was about to look for Tiffany when he found a piece of paper with her hand writing on it. Tiffany had left the letter on their bed.

“Taehyung-ssi… Please forget me…. Forget about all of our silly dreams that will never do come true….”

Taehyung’s hands trembled as he read down the letter in agony.
“Please find another girl who will love you the most, someone who will give you everything that I can never give….

“Don’t try to find me. I’m afraid that I will have to hate you if I ever see your face again…

A drop of tear fell onto the paper—smearing Tiffany’s beautiful hand writing.

“Taehyung-ssi, live your life to the fullest. I will hope and pray that you will always find happiness wherever you may be….”

Taehyung broke down and cried. Everything turned into black all at once. Maybe it was only Tiffany who could imagine what kind of pain he felt in his heart….

“Fany-ah…., why? Why did you have to leave me?”[]