Chapter 15

One of Lee Seonghwa’s men came into his study.

   Lee Seonghwa lifted his head to look at his subordinate. He was waiting for that man to give me something he had wanted to hear.

   “Tiffany-ssi is seeing that guy again.” That henchman handed over his smartphone for his boss to see.

   Seonghwa touched the screen to see what was captured inside. It was the pictures of Tiffany with Taehyung. Seonghwa stopped at one specific picture. Taehyung and Tiffany were kissing.

   Seonghwa leaned against his chair. For a moment he seemed to think about something. “Hmmm, I’ll make Tiffany realize what she has done.”

   “Prang!!!” He smashed the smartphone onto the wall.

……………………………………………….

“Shut down her life support machine.” Seonghwa coldly ordered one of his subordinates while he glanced down the girl who was sleeping in her bed.

His subordinate nodded.

“Ahjussi, you can’t be here—“ A nurse came to tell Seonghwa that it wasn’t the visit hour time yet when she suddenly caught Seonghwa’s henchman was going to pull out the life support machine’s cable. “—what are you doing? You can’t do that!” She shouted.

Seonghwa’s another henchman hindered the nurse and covered her mouth. Seonghwa looked at that woman. “Should my man do it, or should I call the doctor and tell him to do it? It won’t make any difference to me anyway.”

Seonghwa observed his nails. “Ah, I know, I should call the doctor and let him do it for me. That’ll be more official.”

“Oppa, what are you doing?” Taeyeon shouted. She had just arrived to visit Seohyun at the hospital. She rushed further into the room. She grabbed the henchman’s hand that was going to unplug Seohyun’s life support machine. “You can’t do that! It will kill Seohyun!”

The henchman warded off Taeyeon’s hand.

“Oppa!” She turned to Seonghwa. “You’re not gonna kill Seohyun, are you?”

“Why would I care about Seohyun’s life? You know the rule: Tiffany stays with me, Seohyun lives.”

Taeyeon felt as if someone had just plunged her into a very cold icy lake.

“Tiffany betrayed me. Why would I want to keep Seohyun alive?”

“Please don’t do it. Tiffany has sacrificed so much for you—“

“Wrong!” Seonghwa yelled at Taeyeon. “She doesn’t sacrifice anything for me! She sacrifices her life for you and your lifeless friend!”

Taeyeon’s heart stopped beating for a split of second.

“We both know Tiffany doesn’t love me. She just wants my money. You all do!”

Even though she wasn’t running, Taeyeon panted heavily. She knew Tiffany did everything for them. Seonghwa raped Tiffany for countless times, humiliated her, abused her, treated her like she was only a doormat to clean the shit on everyone’s sole. Yet, Taeyeon could only sit and look away, pretending nothing ever happened. She never had any courage to stand up for Tiffany.

Five years ago, Lee Seonghwa tricked Tiffany to sign a paper where he promised to lend her money to pay for Seohyun’s medication at the hospital. As long as Tiffany could not afford to pay her debt, she had to work at one of the clubs owned by Seonghwa. Taeyeon worked there too. They worked as waitresses and occasionally, they sang there.

But everything was just a wicked trick orchestrated by Lee Seonghwa. When Tiffany’s debt getting bigger and there was no way for her to be able to settle, Seonghwa made Tiffany his puppet. Yes, Tiffany was just a puppet for Seonghwa. That man didn’t love her. He only loved to torture her and humiliate her. And when Taeyeon finally realized what had happened to Tiffany, it was too late.

“I’m already a broken puppet… Let me do what I can do for Seohyun until she finally wakes up.” Tiffany told Taeyeon while tears running down her cheeks. “Whatever you see or hear, just look away, don’t ever try to think that it’s real. It’s just a very long bad dream. Seonghwa Oppa won’t hurt me more than he’s already done. I’ll be fine….”

So Taeyeon just looked away. She hated Seonghwa to her core, sometimes she wished she had the courage to just kill that devil….

“Please don’t unplug Seohyun’s life support machine….” Taeyeon gulped but her throat was as dry as the sand in the Sahara desert. “Please let Tiffany go….”

“Huh,” Seonghwa scorned. “Why should I listen to you? I’m not Santa Claus.”

“I’ll… I’ll pay for everything Tiffany owes you….” Taeyeon clutched her fingers.

“Hahahahaha!” Seonghwa laughed scornfully. “How are you going to pay, Taeyeon-ssi? Do you know how much money I’ve wasted for Tiffany? It’s billions!”

   Taeyeon knew she would never have billions won to settle their debts. At that moment, she really felt like dying.

“I’ll do anything. I’ll do whatever you want me to.” It was the hardest thing Taeyeon had ever said. But if Tiffany could do it, so could she.

Seonghwa tilted his head. He savored Taeyeon’s pretty face. This woman was fiercer than Tiffany. There was something about Taeyeon that reminded him of a lioness. Her cold expression. Her conceited face. Her fierce demeanour. She would make a good toy. Maybe he could use her and have fun with her to exchange for what Tiffany had done to him.

“Anything?” Seonghwa smirked.

Out of Taeyeon’s sight, Jungkook silently saw everything from outside the room.[]