Chapter 5

It was another day but it felt like the same day. Once again, Taehyung waited for Tiffany near that girl’s house. He didn’t forget to bring her a flower. This time it was a sunflower.

Tiffany had seen Taehyung even before she left her house. That guy standing while occasionally smelling his sunflower, combing his hair using his fingers, or tidying his clothes. Tiffany smiled. Taehyung looked so sweet yet silly. “Does he really think he is gorgeous?” Tiffany chuckled inside.

But of course, once she got outside, Tiffany didn’t show him any emotions. She pretended like Taehyung was never there—holding a big yellow sunflower.

“Tiffany-ssi,” Taehyung gently called her name with his deep voice.

“Don’t you have anything better to do than standing there like a fool?” Tiffany raised her eyebrow. “Don’t tell me you don’t have any job.”

Taehyung twirled his eyes in a funny way. “Of course I have a job, but I’ve cleared my schedule just to see you here.” He smiled foolishly.

Tiffany sighed. “Look, I don’t want to have anything to do with a guy like you. So please stop stalking me like a freak.”

“Why?” Taehyung didn’t seem to understand.

Tiffany bit her lip. “Because I’ve already got a boyfriend and I don’t have time to mess around with a guy like you.”

“What kind of guy am I?”

Tiffany tried to find the perfect word to say. “Whatever you are, you are not my kind of man.”

Taehyung pouted like a five-year-old-boy who had dropped his ice cream. “So, how can I be your kind of guy?”

Facepalm! Tiffany felt like she was dealing with an infant. “Well, I’m trying to say this in the nicest way I can, but there are too many things I don’t like from you.”

“Oh yeah? Really? Then mention one thing you don’t like from me!” Taehyung demanded.

   Tiffany bit her lip again. She really didn’t want to tell him this sentence, but Taehyung made her to. “The one thing that I don’t like from you is that you were born as you; as Kim Taehyung.”

Taehyung smirked and burst into laugh, “that’s the silliest reason I’ve ever heard in my life.”

Tiffany sighed, “listen to me, Taehyung ssi. You better walk out of my life before you get hurt.”

“I can’t do that. The only thing that will hurt me the most is not being able to see you again….”

   Tiffany felt as if Taehyung was staring into her soul. She almost forgot how to breathe properly.

Taehyung grinned, “that, and seeing you with another guy.” He took one step closer to Tiffany. He could smell her sweet fragrance that always made his heart skip a beat. Dear God, I truly like this woman, please make her love me. Taehyung silently said a prayer.

“You have totally lost your mind. We are two strangers who don’t know each other.” Tiffany tried to avoid Taehyung’s eyes. She felt something burned her cheeks.

Taehyung tilted his head to tease Tiffany who seemed to be too overwhelmed. “Well, we’ve known each other’s names… so why don’t we start to get to know each other better? Maybe we can start by exchanging phone numbers?”

Tiffany lifted her face in disbelief. “I can’t believe you still have such confidence after being rejected.”

Taehyung quickly responded, “when did you reject me?” He grinned wider, “I don’t believe that you don’t like me. Cuz if you did dislike me, you wouldn’t want to talk with me like this.”

Tiffany clenched her fist. Suddenly, she felt really dizzy. Really really dizzy. There was some unfamiliar feelings came up to her. Something she had never felt before. She looked at Taehyung, trying to find something she could understand from him. “Do you really like me?” She whispered puzzlingly. “Why?”

Taehyung looked at Tiffany so tenderly. That woman was more beautiful than a thousand roses. She was purer than a thousand drops of morning dew. And she was more innocent than a thousand angels. At that very moment, Taehyung knew, he had seriously fallen in love with her.

It was hard for Taehyung to restrain himself from holding Tiffany’s hand. He would do anything just to be able to hold her hand, but he couldn’t bring himself to do that. Taehyung took a deep breath and tried to be cool even though a storm was raging in his heart that very moment. “I don’t know how to explain why I like you in simple words. I only know that my heart chooses what it wants. And it is you.”

For some reasons, Tiffany couldn’t look at Taehyung’s eyes. It never happened to her before, Tiffany was confused. She wanted to understand what she felt that moment, but she couldn’t. She was too afraid to know the truth.

“Taehyung ssi, tell me what I should do so that you won’t bother me anymore.” Tiffany asked flaggingly.

“Let me be in your heart.”

Tiffany froze for a second, “that’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.”

Taehyung smirked, “is that even stupider than the words, ‘I want to marry you and spend my whole life with you’?”

Tiffany found the courage to look at Taehyung in the eye. “Yes, that’s even much stupider and sadder than anything I’ve ever heard from anyone.”

Taehyung raised his eyebrow, “why? Didn’t your boyfriend ever say that to you?”

Tiffany smiled painfully. “If I hear those words from my boyfriend, it will be romantic. But to hear those words from you… it’s just too ironic. You’ll only get hurt in the end.”

Taehyung scratched the back of his head, “woah, you always tell me that I’ll get hurt in the end. I didn’t know that you cared so much for me.” He shook his head and smirked, “but don’t worry, I’m not gonna be hurt. And, you, pretty lady, must get yourself used to the words ‘I love you’, ‘I want to marry you’, ‘I want to spend my whole life with you’, ‘I miss you so much’, or ‘let’s grow old together’ cuz I’ll be your boyfriend pretty soon. And I’ll say those words every single day.” Taehyung gave Tiffany his gentle and beautiful smile.

Tiffany sighed, “you’re crazy.”

   “Well, you’re not the only one who told me that.” Taehyung grinned widely, “by the way, I brought you flower.” He stretched out the sunflower he had been holding all this time. “It doesn’t smell as good as roses, but it’s pretty and brighter. Just like you, I mean the brighter part, because you smell really good.”

Tiffany didn’t know whether to smile or cry.[]