Nightmares and feelings

I felt shaky inside. Something i don't remember feeling in a long time and now his lips were all i wanted. Well that and him all over me. I had really fallen. I pulled back not saying anything, got the bag and we started walking back to the car in silence. Not an uncomfortable silence. A beautiful silence. I dumped the bag in and got in the passenger seat.
"What? Youre letting me drive?"- he asked.
"yeah ,unless you don't know how to."-i teased with a smirk. He got in and and turned it on...not only was the car turned on right now but also me.
"Where to? "
"The hotel"

***

I opened the doors and saw Jeremy sitting on the bed.
"Hey, were back. "- i said to him. He didn't look at me but at the floor. I gave Zak a look to go away . Wow he already knew what my looks meant.
"Jeremy?"-i asked coming closer. He seemed different.
"It's over, ins't it?"- he asked.
"Whats over?"-i asked sitting down
"Our friendship. You'll now go with him? "-he asked. He wasnt his normal self. This was the past him peeking trough. I could see it in his eyes as he looked up at me.
"No. I love you and i could never just snap our friendship. And no, i wont go with Zak."-i said looking back at Zak. We shared a sad look and he continued minding his buisness.
"You mean it. I can feel it. Did you two fuck?"-he asked. The crazy him came trough at that last sentence.
"No, but could you please go back to your room? I m reaaalllyyyy tired."-i said. He knodded and left like nothing happened. I dropped my clothes and just plopped down in the bed. My underwear was a 'little' teasing. I didn't even go under the covers.

"Lily? Hey?"-he asked. I ignored him and pretended to be asleep. Only now i realised that my shoes were still on. I felt them getting removed gently and me being covered with a blanket. After a moment he joined me. I guess i really did saw him wrong all this time. He was being a jentleman. He didn't even pull me close. He kissed my knuckles and went to sleep. I couldn't sleep. Thoughts about whats going to happen next were killing me. After an hour of thoughts i gave up and stood up and put on a hoodie. I looked over at Zak. His face expression was unexplainable. It was pure fear and terror. He started breathing heavily. I regretted passing the doll so much. I didn't want to see him like this. The nightmare got more intense as he was now starting to mumble something. I tried shaking him but i knew that i couldn't wake him. The amount of times Jeremy tried waking me were endless.
"Zak ,fight it. Don't fear it."- i said to him as i was holding his hand tightly. A gasp escaped his mouth and he sat up  panting.
"Hey , hey! Its okay."-i said trying to calm him down.He was stressing and looking all around him. I shook him by his shoulders and made him look at me.
"Look at me, Zak. "-i said and made him focus on me. He started breathing slower untill he looked calm and i let go of his shoulders. A brief silence.
"I can't wait to get rid of it..." -he said and laid back on the bed. I took out my phone and rang Jeremy.
"Were going. Tomorrow. "
"I still have things to do here."
"Then do them now. I don't want to waste anymore time. "
"Oh youre now protecting him? Trying to save him? "
"You have no idea how it feels going trough that.  "
"You just gave it to him and now youre going to pretend to be an angel and save him? How about you just take it back then."
"If youre not going then we are. "-i said all serious.
"Fine. I ll get you plane tickets and ill meet u 2 days later. "
"Thank you." -i said and hung up. I looked over at Zak who was now looking at me.
"You didn't have to. "
"No, i did. "-i said and got up. I took Zaks real phone and handed it to him.
"Contact that dude who wanted it and tell him that we're arriving tomorrow. "-i said and left to take a shower.

***

I turned off the steamy shower and got out. The reflection in the mirror scared me. I still had a black eye from Zak...well the demon who was in Zak. I put on shorts and a tank top. I made a run to the main room to get my makeup.
"Can you come over here?"- Zak asked.
"Wait...umm in a moment..."-i said stressing cause i couldn't find my makeup bag. I had my back turned against him.
"Whats wrong?"- he asked getting up and coming over.
"Nooo...don't look at me." -i said turning my face away from him. One- cause i looked ugly. Two- the black eye. I finally found the bag and tried  getting away before he could see my busted ass  face. He caught me by my shoulders and pulled my chin so he could look.
"Fuck. I did that , didn't i?"-he asked.
"You know i've never ever put a fist to a woman. And it honestly fucks me up how i could've done something like this...and to you. I m so sorry."
"I told you not to look ,didn't i?"-i said and paced in the bathroom locking myself in. I started doing my make up and by the time i finished i heard a soft knock on the door.
"Let me in please?"-he said in a sweet voice.
"So you can keep telling me how sorry you are? I got it. I forgave you and now get over yourself. "-i said.
"Please?" -he said. I sighed and opened the door but quickly sat back down infront of the mirror.
"What'cha gonna go now ?"-i asked.
"You know all i actually wanted to do was take a dump. "-he said sitting next to me on a chair with a smirk.
"Oh yeah?"-i asked with a smile.
"Definatley . But yeah i contacted that dude. He can only get it Sunday. "
"Fuck. Its only Thursday..."-i said and drowned in thoughts.
"You made it two months, i m sure that i can take it for two more days."
"You don't really have a choice...what was the nightmare about? Looked like an intense one."-i asked looking at him.
"  As usual. You being tortured and then killed...can you now tell me why are you in them?"-he asked. I looked down to the floor and after a brief silence spoke again.
"I already told you. It takes people that we love and or are important to us and...well you know what it does. "-i said and got up. I collected my makeup and walked back to the bedroom. He followed. I stood against the large window admiring the wiev. I saw him in the reflection come behind me and hug me. A soft kiss on my neck made my legs feel shaky. I had way to many feelings on him.
"Zak, i hope that you understand that there can't be such thing as us. Ill be gone from your life in 2 days...it's just better this way... and all of this can stay a memory. "- i said quietly while looking out the window. I was a little teared up but not enough to  make them fall.
"Is it pointless for me to try and convince you to come back with me? "- he mumbled with his chin on my shoulder. I didn't say anything. He knew the anwser.

Even if we do find our love, prince or even a monster, there is no guarantee that you wont have to let them go. Maybe its better this way...to go different paths, forget and move on.