Wounded

The drive seemed like forever even though it was an hour. I got there and met Jeremy smoking at the parking lot.
"Wow. You actually came. I ll show you then."- he said and we entered the hospital. I saw a lot of people crying and just a sad vibe all over this place. Fear was now all i felt...fear that she might die. Jeremy opened the doors to her room. My heart dropped once again seeing an empty bed. She's gone.

***

Everyrhing seemed blurry. Doctors were panicking and over all shocked. Nurses were runing around and informing other nurses. She had not died but ran away. From what i understood- she was shot twice in her stomach but managed to somehow get past nurses and doctors unnoticed.  Jeremy seemed like he had just smoked a joint- calm unlike everyone else.
"What do you know?" - i asked approaching him.
"I know places she wont be at. Old house, your house...basically the world."
"Then where do i look for her?"
"You'll find her if she'll want you to. Listen. Don't waste your time. She obviously doesn't want you. "- he said and walked away.  Maybe he was right. Maybe i had to get back to my normal life. Maybe, but no.
I went back home. The house was silent. Even Gracie felt that something was not right. The girl that i fell for really was truly crazy and currently was walking around with gun shot wounds. I walked upstairs to my bedroom. A note was sitting on my nightstand.
"This is not a goodbye letter. Ill see you and explain everything when i possibly can. That could be tomorrow, next week, month, year or hell knows when. Dont look for me. Remember- you dont know me . 
-Lily" - she was alive. And the thought that ill meet her again calmed me a little bit. But i still had all of these unanswered questions . I guess she couldn't write a longer note? My mind was killing me so i took some sleeping pills. Sleep took over me and i fell asleep. Somehow i had already gotten used to sleeping with her, so good sleep was a rare thing. I had to leave for a lockdown tomorrow and i was not mentally prepared.

***

"Dude, you have to get yourself together. Man you've changed. "- Aaron said sitting next to me. The lockdown went horrible. Spirits took advantage of my current state and played me like their puppet. We were at our rental house when i got a message. Every time that i got a message ,i thought it was her so i took it out as fast as i could. It was my ex asking if i was still with her. I sighed and rubbed my face.
" You need to get her out of your head. Lets go to a bar or something tonight?"
"No, we have to review evidence and ..."
"Don't make excuses. Were going."- he said, patted me on the shoulder and left. I was definatlley not in the mood for all those nasty woman at the bars. At this point nobody compared to her.  Not even a single one of those Vegas woman could stand close to how Lily looked in my eyes.

Aaron basically forced me to go. The club was crowded and i already was jumped by a couple of women in the bar. I rejected all of them immediately and went to get shots.
"A  shot please. "-i said to the bartender.
"Girls problems eih? "  he asked while pouring me one.
"Yeah."- i sighed and took the shot.
"Let me guess. The one that youre into has a boyfriend?"
"No...mine is crazy and missing."- i said.
"Well, it could be worse. Atleast youre not with Lily Scott." -he said. My eyes shot wide open. He knew her?
"You know Lily? "
"Oh my boy, have you messed with the wrong girl..."- he said looking all serious at me..
"Just kidding" - he said and laughed at my reaction.
"Do you know where she might be ?"
"Here? I really don't know...although she used to live in the tall buisness building next to the fire department. Might be worth checking."- he said. Before i coul say something my eyes caught blonde hair that i recognised. It was her. She is alive. I went to approach her but as she turned around i saw a face of an mid 30 woman. The alcahol was starting to effect my vision already. So i drank more in hopes that i would get to see her. Shot after shot.