Chapter Two: I Think You Have The Wrong Number...

Hello, readers! What did you think of the last chapter? Did you all enjoy it? I hope you guys also enjoy this one as much as I liked writing it. By the way, special shout out to for the beautiful cover, you are amazing!

~ ~ ~

Chapter Two: I Think You Have The Wrong Number.

Grace's P.O.V

13/02/2017

Dear Diary,

Today was surprisingly different from my other days at school. Actually, today was different from all of the events that have ever happened at Jacksonville High! Yes, there was abuse, but something different happened. After Nicole had made a scene in the morning, I was leaning against the lockers, as usual, until a boy with bright blue eyes and blonde hair approached me.

I would've never guessed that it would be the player. I mean, out of all people, the player was the one that approached me. What I also found shocking was when he had offered to help me and take me to the nurse's office. Like, when does that ever happen to a girl like me? People would kill to even just get a wave back from the player!

Some people would call me pathetic that I was a little bit happy about Luke even walking in my direction, but they don't understand me and what I'm going through.

After Luke had helped me, and took me to the nurse's office, I never saw him for the rest of the day. And I understood why. He didn't want everyone to come at him because of what he had done, just like what Nicole had done. Luke was only there to help me get to the nurse's office. That's it. He didn't want to get involved in my life and I don't blame him.

I don't know why but I hope tomorrow goes just as today had gone because today wasn't as bad as any other day of the week. I'm just praying that it won't be as terrible as every week because it's really messing me up. All I do is ask myself: Why me? I just have to cross my fingers...

- Grace Leigh Parkinson

Suddenly, I hear Mum call my name. "Grace! Dinner's ready!"

Sighing, I close my diary, placing it on the drawer next to my bed. I throw both legs off of my bed, walking out of my room and down the stairs towards the kitchen. When I enter, I see Mum currently placing the plate of food onto my placemat.

"Where's Dad?" I ask, watching as Mum sits down on the chair next to me, placing her own plate of food on the table. I notice the sad look in her eyes as she looks over at me, but she quickly masks it with a forced smile.

"Working late again." Mum says and I nod, beginning to eat the vegetables on my plate.

Ever since I was young, I always got the vibe from Mum that she loved having everyone at the dinner table. She said that it was the one time that she could get everyone together in one room, but ever since Dad got promoted, he has been working more, much more. Dad says that he tries to come home as quick as he can, but coming home at two in the morning almost every night only makes me continue to doubt his words. And what I find hard is the fact that I know Mum tries her very best to let everything slide, but I know that Dad is cheating on Mum.

Because ever since Dad got promoted, not only has he been working late, but he has also been getting phone calls in the middle of the night from his 'partner' at work. Little did he know, I knew everything from day one.

Dad was in love with another woman.

~ ~ ~

After saying goodnight to Mum, I now lay in my bed, my phone in my hands. I grab the earphones and put them into my ears, beginning to scroll through my playlist. When my eyes land on Phoebe Ryan's song Dead, I breathe out a tired sigh.