Chapter Twelve: I Will Never Leave.

Grace's P.O.V

After the party started to calm down at three in the morning, Luke and I decided to head off. Right now, we are at a park just talking because I still didn't want to go home.

"I want to fly." I suddenly say, taking Luke by suprise. I start to push myself on the swing but Luke stops me.

"Your drunk and you will probably throw up if you start to move your body, especially your stomach so don't try to move for now." Luke says, grabbing my waist to make me stop swinging. I let out a sigh and lean my back against Luke who is standing behind me.

"I feel like I'm going to lose everyone." I admit, looking down at my feet. "I mean, I've already lost my mom. Who knows who I will lose next?"

"Your not going to lose anyone, Gracie. I'm here." Luke says, grabbing onto the chains and swinging me lightly.

"You say that now but later on, you will leave." I say, bending my neck back to look at Luke. He let's out a chuckle and walks around to stand in front of me. He sits down on the grass and pats the seat next to him.

I get off the swing and slowly make my way next to him, trying not to fall over anything since I am practically the most clumsy person alive.

"I will never leave." Luke says as soon as I sit down next to him. My heart races when he places his hand on my thigh, sending me a reassuring smile.

"O-Okay." I breathe out and Luke nods. When we sit in silence for about two minutes just staring at the sky, he breaks the silence.

"So why did you change your mind?" He asks, his hand not moving from my thigh and the memory of my father introduces me to Eve appears in my head and I let out a sigh.

"Today just hasn't been my day, that's all." I lie and Luke frowns at me.

"You can tell me." Luke says and I nod.

"I know, it's just... hard to say." I explain and Luke nods slowly.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." Luke says and I shrug.

"But I want to. I mean, this is what friends do, right? Talk about things..." I trail off and Luke nods.

"Yeah, I guess." Luke says and I let out a sigh and run my hand through my hair.

"Okay, well, you know how my mom..." I mumble, not really wanting to say the next word and Luke nods. "And you know how my father has been cheating on her this whole time?" I ask and Luke nods again.

"Well, he brought that girl home today and said that they are dating. I don't know what ran through me at the time but all I could think about was my mom and what she would do if she was still here. I mean, it hasn't even been a month yet and he thinks he has the right to bring in some new girl and just think that we are going to play happy families again? Ever since I found out that my father was cheating on my mom, we were never happy. Nothing was perfect and my mom b knew that, she just didn't want to say it because she was still clinging onto the hope of the perfect life she always dreamt of having. My father ruined that for my mom and now, I won't get to see my mom ever again." I say slowly and Luke frowns, grabbing my hand but before he could say the whole 'I'm sorry' thing, I speak again.

"I dream about my mom. She talks to me but only for a few minutes before drifting off and thats when I wake up. It's like she is watching me then she appears in my dreams where no one else can disturb us and we talk about things." I say with a smile. Luke wears his own smile and he turns to me.

"What do you two talk about?" He asks and I shrug.

"Life, basically." I say and he nods.

"Well, your lucky." Luke says and I nod.

"Somewhat." I say and after a few minutes of silence again, I lean my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes.

"I should get you home." Luke says and I raise my hand and find Luke's cheek, placing it there.

"Not yet."

"Okay, Gracie."

●●●

"Maybe she will accept me later on if I start being friendly to her." I hear Eve say and I roll my eyes and turn in my bed again for the fifth time. I hear my father let out a sigh but he doesn't say anything.

The fact that my father still doesn't see what is wrong with him bring a girl who is now his girlfriend home confuses me. How can he not even care about my feelings? He knows how close I was to my mom but he still ignores my feelings and acts like Eve is going to make everything better.

I tell you what I think? I think he never loved my mom and he just thought about his own feelings; whatever they are. I think he introduced me to Eve because he thinks that everything will be okay now. I think he is trying to replace my mom with Eve because my mom was nothing but just a woman to him.

I know I have questioned about my father's love for my mom but now I'm actually really eager to know what my father's intentions were when he met my mom. Did he mean to go this far into their relationship? Was I someone that was never meant to be born? Maybe that's why he doesn't talk to me much. Maybe that's why he never actually cared about me like my mom did. Maybe that's why I could only depend on my mom to make me feel loved because my father couldn't do it himself.

Ugh, all of this confuses the hell out of me.

I take out my phone and my earphones, plugging them into the phone. When I put the earphones in my ears, the song We Don't Talk Anymore by Charlie Puth begins to play and I let out sigh, finally feeling a little calmer.

A few minutes later, I finally feel myself falling asleep with a small tear running down my cheek as the last memory of my mom appears in my head.

●●●

"Hey sweetheart," My mom smiles, walking into my room. I look up at her and stand up, pulling her into a hug.

"Hey mom." I say and my mom pulls away from me and sits on my bed next to me.

"So, that boy you talked about..." My mom grins and I let out a small laugh.

"Yeah. I think I actually have a thing for him." I smile and my mom's eyes widen in suprise.

"Really?" My mom asks and I nod, the smile still on my face. My mom places her hand on her heart and blinks away the tears that are forming in her eyes.

"Your finally growing up." My mom says and I let out a small chuckle.

"I guess so." I say and my mom grabs my hand, sending me a smile.

"Be careful about the man you choose to be with, okay? It might seem right at first but make sure your ready." My mom says and I frown at her.

"Were you careful? Did you actually love dad?" I ask and my mom nods, her eyes slipping shut.

"Yes I did but even though it seemed like a good idea to take the next step, I wasn't ready. I hardly knew your father but I promised myself that I won't give up just yet because he could be something special." My mom explains and I nod slowly.

"Okay. I'll make sure I'm ready." I say and my mom nods.

"Oh and don't fall into things to quickly." My mom adds and I nod.

"I promise." I say and my mom smiles before getting up and giving me one last hug.

"See you soon, Gracie." My mom says and I wave at her.

"See you soon, mom."

●●●