Chapter Forty Five: Should I Get It?

Grace's P.O.V

A week passed by quickly and now, I find myself looking at the flyer on one of the walls on a Wednesday morning. My eyes scan the words of the purple flyer and I let out a sigh, ripping it off the wall.

I hope they cancel that damn school dance.

"Hey! Now I have to print out another one!" A girl comments, walking past me and I don't bother to look at her. I throw the flyer in the bin and continue to walk to class, hating every single stare that is coming my way.

Why the hell is everyone staring at me?

"If you have a problem with my girlfriend, speak up, yeah?" I hear a voice say behind me and I turn around and attack Luke with a hug, throwing my arms around his neck. Luke laughs and kisses my hair, rubbing my back.

"Hello, Gracie." Luke says and I lean back, looking at my boyfriend.

"I feel like I haven't seen you in forever!" I say and Luke laughs, scratching the back of his neck with his free hand.

"Thats because we haven't seen each other since Jackson paid a visit. I thought you would be too busy with the baby thing so..." Luke trails off and I roll my eyes.

"Your a liar." I say and Luke shakes his head, placing a hand on his heart.

"I lie not, Gracie. It's the honest truth." Luke smiles and I roll my eyes playfully before grabbing his hand and walking to our first class. We enter the gymnasium and stand with the other students who are waiting for our teacher to arrive.

●●●

After running ten laps around the field and doing about fifty push-ups, I have officially become jelly. My legs are shaking from running around and my arms are so sore. I now know how the football team feels after finishing their training.

I let out a sigh and place my hands over my head, blocking out the sun. The grass beneath me tickles my legs and I shake them, trying to get rid of the weird tingling feeling.

"Tired?" I hear someone ask and I move one hand away and look at one of Nicole's friends grinning down at me. I frown and sit up, placing a hand over my face to cover it from the sun as I look up at the stranger. Suddenly, the memory hits me like a bus and I gasp, immediately standing up and stepping away from the girl.

"Please," I choke out, placing my hands in front of me. "Just... leave me alone. I don't want any trouble." I say quickly before running away from the girl. I ignore the pain in my legs and continue to run up the hill and into the school building. I ignore the strange looks coming from the students and run into the girls bathroom, opening one of the stalls and closing the door behind me.

I sit on the toilet and let out a sigh, running my hand over my hair. I close my eyes and take in a deep breath, trying to block out the memories of what happened last year.

After a few seconds, I hear a door open and a familiar voice call my name. "Grace, are you in here?" Nicole asks and I stay quiet, just wanting to be left alone. I wait for Nicole's heels to stop clicking against the bathroom tiles but they continue to be heard. She walks around the bathroom and when I hear the first bathroom door slam against the wall, I instantly know that she is going to find me.

"Grace..."

I calculate the amount of time it should take for her to get to my stall and I begin to count down as she pushes the doors open. I start from ten and count down to one, jumping up slightly from the sound of the doors hitting against the wall.