Chapter Thirty Seven: Why Did You Cheat On Mom?

Grace's P.O.V

After spending two hours at the mall, shopping for new clothes with Eve, we finally decided to end the day and go home. Eve is now making dinner while I am in my room drawing a few random things in the sketchbook that Eve bought for me today.

I sketch the inside of the eye, making sure to put as much detail in it as possible to make it look real. Before I can start drawing the eyebrow, a hear something bang against my window and I let out a sigh, placing my sketchbook on the bed.

Don't tell me it is Luke.

I stand up and walk over to my window, pulling it up. I look out and a frown makes its way across my face.

Luke.

I watch as Luke points over to his car that is parked out the front and I shake my head when he looks back at me. "No, Luke." I say and Luke runs a hand down his face.

"Come on, don't do this." Luke says and I shake my head again.

"No Luke, you don't do this. I waited two days for a phone call from you so you can explain the events of my father's death but no, you didn't call. I found out by someone else and you know what? That actually hurts. The fact that you had to run away for... whatever you had to do and you couldn't just at least call me after you were finished is stupid. You couldn't have been busy for two days and not even bother to call me. It takes only a couple of seconds to go onto your phone and click my name to call me but I guess you couldn't spare those seconds, could you?" I spit out. Once again, I feel my heart race and I pinch my arm, trying to calm myself down.

The light from the streetlight shows me the look on Luke's face and from what I can see, I know he isn't impressed with my words. Without a final word, he turns around and begins to walk to his car, not bothering to say anything about what I had just said. I groan and close my window, trying to not slam it too hard because of the anger in my body.

I hear a knock on the door and I turn around to see Eve with a small smile. "Everything okay?" She asks and I nod.

"Perfect." I mutter and Eve nods. Before she can walk in though, the smell of the food hits her and she holds a finger up before running down the stairs to check on the food. I let out a sigh and sit on my bed,  grabbing the sketchbook and leaning against the headboard as I continue with my drawing.

Honestly, I need a reason to keep loving Luke because I feel like if we keep this up, we might break apart.

●●●

I hear a knock on my door and I jump up, my head turning to the door and my smile appears on my face. "Mom!" I squeal, jumping out of bed and running to my mom, bringing her into a hug. She laughs and hugs me back.

"Hello sweetheart. What's been happening?" My mom asks and the smile I am wearing fades a little.

"You know about-"

"Your father? Yes." My mom quickly cuts in and I nod, looking away from my mom - well, that's until she grabs my chin and makes me look at her.

"You know, he would like to talk to you." My mom says and I frown.

"Why?" I ask and my mom smiles, letting go of my chin.

"Because he is your father, of course! And you are his daughter." My mom says happily but the smile just continues to fade until it turns into a frown.

"Mom-"

"Shush." My mom says, placing her index finger on my lips. I let out a sigh and let my mom talk.

"Just let him say what he has to, okay? I'll be right here watching so there is nothing to worry about." My mom says and my eyes widen.

"Is he here?" I ask and my mom nods, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Of course. Why wouldn't he be?" My mom asks, her eyebrow raising and I quickly shake my head. My mom nods again and before I can say a word, my father steps into the room, a small smile on his face.

"Hello, Grace." My father says and I send him a small smile. He walks towards me and holds out his arms, waiting for me to step into them. Without thinking, the tears that I have been trying to hold in falls down my cheeks as I run to my father, letting him hold me in his arms.

"Its true." He says and I look up at him, trying to control my sobs and tears.

"W-What's true?" I ask, confused. My father smiles and pulls away from me, lifting up his shirt to reveal the tattoo that Randy was talking about. The tattoo that is my name in cursive writing.

"Its... beautiful." I choke out and my father nods.

"It is, isn't it?" My father says with a smile and my mom steps in, looking at the tattoo herself.

"He stole my idea." My mom says, looking over at me and my father laughs.

"No, your just jealous that it is that good." My father grins and my mom shakes her head.

"Nope." My mom says, a small smile on her lips. I stop, looking at my parents who seem to look so happy in this moment.

"Wait..." I say, catching both my parents attention. My father puts his shirt down and my mom stands beside my father with the small smile still on her face.

"Why did you cheat on mom?" I ask, looking at my father. He looks at my mom and she sighs, running a hand through her hair.

"Grace, he didn't cheat on me." My mom says and my eyebrows furrow.

"What do you mean he didn't cheat on you? He did!" I say, looking at my parents with confusion.

Does she not know? Wait, of course she does.

"Grace," My mom says, walking up to me. She places her hands on my shoulders and presses a kiss to my forehead.

"I'll explain everything soon." My mom says and all of a sudden, without even saying goodbye, my parents disappear out of my room and I lift my body up from my bed, looking around my room.

Ugh, these dreams are going to be the death of me.

Wait, why are my parents telling me this in my dreams? That shouldn't be happening, should it? Am I going crazy? Do I need help? Does anyone have the same problem as me or am I the only one?

"I'll explain everything soon."

Why does everyone seem to be telling me that? They can't just expect me to be cool with that and not worry at all. I am a curious person and my mom should know that!

An idea appears in my head and I look out the window, noticing that it is still dark. Okay, so it should be early in the morning so I can go back to sleep and continue to talk to my parents.

I lay back down on my pillow, force my eyes shut and wait. Unfortunately, after doing this for ten minutes, I know I am not going to get any sleep soon.

"Why do you do this to me?" I mutter, running both my hands down my face. I let out a sigh and look at the wall, not bothering to try and fall asleep again. My mom's words ring in my head, making me let out another frustrated sigh.

"Grace, he didn't cheat on me."

I guess all I can do is wait.

●●●