Chapter Twenty: You Haven't Eaten All Day.

Grace's P.O.V

It's been a week since I talked to Luke and let me just say, avoiding him has been so hard, especially at school. I would bump into him multiple times after lunch but everytime he would want to talk or say anything, I would run away. Some people would call me a coward but I would say that I'm trying to protect my heart from getting hurt again.

You see, when your in love, you become very vulnerable and you let your walls down because your certain that you won't get hurt. That's what I thought until Luke hurt me that day. When your in love with someone, it becomes really hard to stay away from that person because all you want to do is be held in their arms and hear 'it will be okay' but nothing like that happens and thats what is breaking me.

I want to hear his voice, I won't lie but everytime I try and let my walls down, they just won't fall. It's like my heart is telling me to stay away from him if I don't want to get hurt but my mind is telling me to see him, to hear his voice... to just stay with him forever but I can't. It's not that I don't want to, it's just that I can't because now I'm as fragile as ever and if something goes wrong, I don't know where I would be.

Luke has sent me a few messages this week saying that he is sorry and stuff like that but I can't find myself to reply to that. I mean, should I bother to waste my time like that? I wish that this whole thing didn't start because Luke was dared to talk to me, I wish that he would want to talk to me because he wants to, not because he was forced to. Take now for example. He wants to talk to me because he wants to.

Sometimes, I wish that nothing like this ever happened. Like I never met Luke and that my life was the same before he had helped me that day in the hall. Even though my life before Luke and I started to talk was bad, I would rather get beat up in the hallway then feel like this. The pain that I feel makes me feel broken and it makes me feel like I can never put my heart into someone's hands because it will always get thrown back to me all crushed and broken.

I guess this is what my mom warned me about. I have to ready and even though I thought I was ready, I wasn't and thats what put me in this dangerous situation. My mom warned me because she knew I would be this stupid and just let my guard down. My mom warned me and I didn't listen.

I hear a knock on my door and I sit up, crossing my legs and placing my hands on my thighs. "Come in." I say and the door opens, revealing a smiling Eve. She is holding a bowl of pasta and I know what she is doing and before I can say 'I'm not hungry', Eve speaks.

"Don't pull that 'I'm not hungry' crap because I know your starving. You haven't eaten all day." Eve says as she hands me the bowl of pasta and taking a seat beside me.

Yes, Eve and I have become friends. I guess I can call her that since she is helping me and all so yeah, we have become friends. Ever since we talked at the graveyard, we have started to become closer and tell each other things. I told her everything about Luke and she has been helping me since 'I am breaking very slowly' according to her.

"Have you talked to Luke lately?" Eve asks and I shove a spoonful of pasta in my mouth and shake my head. Eve let's out a sigh.

"Well, I guess that explains why he is at the door asking for you." Eve says and before I can say anything, Eve's words register in my head.

Wait, what?

I swallow my pasta and my eyes go wide. "He... is here?" I ask and Eve nods.

"Do you want me to tell him that your not coming down?" Eve asks and I nod slowly.

"Yeah. I'm just not... ready to talk to him yet." I explain and Eve nods in understanding.

"I get it." Eve stands up and begins to walk out of my room. I try and calm my heart down my focusing on my food, eating the pasta slowly.

I'm not ready, Luke.

I'm sorry.

●●●

The weekend quickly passed and now it is Monday which means that it is school and I have to try my hardest to keep my eyes open and not bump into a certain someone.

Yes, I'm talking about Luke.

The thought of seeing him again makes me just want to move away  because everytime I see him, my heart races and my head begins to spin. My body even shakes when I think about him and do believe me, I think about him a lot.

Eve says I'm 'whipped' but come on, everyone knows that's just a stupid term and what 'whipped' actually means is that you are so crazily in love with the guy and thats what it is. I am crazily in love with Luke and as much as I just want to hug him and push away the past, I can't and that kills me.

A knock interrupts my thoughts and I let out a sigh. "Yes?" I ask and i open the shower curtain so I can hear the voice.

"Your going to be late if you keep thinking about life, Grace." I hear Eve chuckle and I roll my eyes.

"Two more minutes." I say and just as I go to run my face under the water, I peek out of the curtain again.

"Eve!" I shout and I hear footsteps coming back to the bathroom door.

"Yes?"

"Can you give me a ride to school? I don't feel like walking." I explain and I hear Eve's let out a laugh.

"Sure but you have to be ready in five minutes if you want me to drive you." Eve says and I nod, turning off the shower.

Time starts now.

●●●

"Well, have a nice day, I guess." Eve says as she stops in front of the school and I nod.

"You too." I say and Eve smiles.

"Do you want me to pick you up?" Eve asks and I shake my head.

"Its okay, I'll be fine to walk home." I say and I unbuckle my seat belt. Eve nods and holds up her fist. I smile and bump her fist with mine before getting out of the car.

I begin to walk inside the building, the smile falling off my face. I let out a sigh as I notice Nicole by my locker. I walk up to her and frown at her.

"I thought I told you to leave me alone." I say and Nicole nods.

"Yes but this is important. Go to the cafeteria." Nicole says and I roll my eyes.

"How do I know this isn't a trick?" I ask, my eyebrow raising slightly. Nicole shakes her hand and places her hand on my shoulder, taking me by suprise.

"Grace, this isn't a joke, I swear." Nicole says and I let out a sigh and walk with Nicole to the cafeteria, ignoring the confused looks of everyone who is staring at us. I know exactly what they are thinking but instead of asking, Nicole's glare makes them look away instantly.

As I reach the cafeteria doors, I push the door open and the sight makes me want to run, scream or just simply start a riot.

"Get your hands off my fucking boyfriend."

●●●