Chapter Seven: Curse You, Stupid Hair.

Okay, I'm sorry truly sorry about the last chapter. I know all of you didn't want that to happen but there is a reason for her death, you'll just figure it out at the end of the book - well, hopefully... on a happier note though, this chapter is dedicated to moonli8ght123 for the beautiful cover! I honestly love it so much!

●●●

Grace's P.O.V

It's been a week since I heard from my father that my mom didn't make it. During the week, nothing has changed. Nicole still bullied me every day of the week, making herself seem so high and mighty. My father still came home late every night and Luke? Well, that is one thing that has changed.

I haven't seen Luke all week and I'm starting to think that he has finally got it through his head to stay away from me if he doesn't want trouble. I mean, I would like Luke to stay with me and just keep me company but it's better for him to just stay away from me, even if it does hurt me.

It is now Sunday and I'm currently sitting at the table by myself, just thinking about everything. Even though my father doesn't work on the weekends, I know where he is and let me just say, he isn't sorting out my mom's funeral. Oh no, no, he is with that girl.

Sometimes, I question why my father married my mom. I heard all sorts of stories about my mom and dad and how they met and what I've heard, my father was the one who chased my mom. I mean, doesn't that basically say that he loves her? Why would he cause so much trouble for my mom just to label her as his, why would he cheat on her later on in the relationship? It just doesn't make sense to me.

My mom was such an amazing woman and I believe that she had all the boys chasing after her but then why did she choose him? Out of all the guys, why my father? I'm not bagging out my father, I'm just asking myself what did my mom see in my father that stood out from all the other guys?

Well I guess I will never find that out.

A tear slides down my face and quickly wipe it away. I have had enough sleepless nights to cry so why do I just keep crying? I have to be strong. As I think of this, my mom's last words to me enter my head and I close my eyes tight, trying not to choke out a sob.

"Don't ever give up because there is always someone out there who you inspire."

I look at the picture of my mom that is on the shelf and stand up, walking over to it and picking it up.

"I love you so much, mom. So much." I mumble, rubbing my thumb over my mom's face. Her green eyes sparkle from the sun and her smile shines brightly as she looks at the camera. I remember the time I took this photo. This was on my mom's birthday and we were at her favourite icecream shop. She looked so happy so I just had to take the photo.

I walk out of the kitchen with the photo and up into my room. I close the door behind me and place the picture of my mom on my desk,  weakly smiling as the memory comes flooding back into my mind.

My father doesn't deserve my mom. I am basically the only one who truly loved her, not him.

●●●

"Wake up, sweetheart." I hear a soft voice whisper in my ear and I open my eyes and look at my mom who is smiling down at me. I jump up and pull her into a hug.

"Your here!" I say, tears falling from my eyes. My mom chuckles and let's go of me.

"Its nice to see you too. I've miss you." My mom says, stroking my hair and I smile at her.

"You don't know how much I've miss you, mom." I say, tears falling from my eyes. My mom kisses my forehead before holding her hand in mine, the beautiful smile still on her lips.

"I have to go now, sweetheart. Please take care of yourself." My mom says and I frown at her.

"Why, mom? Please stay." I beg, looking at my mom. My mom flashes me one last smile before floating away.

I shoot up from my bed and look around, trying to find my mom. Sadly, I realise that she was just in my dream and I let out a sigh. I feel my face and realise that I have been crying in my sleep.

I get up from my bed and walk into the bathroom, washing my face with the cold water. I look back up in the mirror and grab my piercings that rest on the bench beside me. I pick them up and place
the ring in my lip and the small flower piercing in my nose. I look at my dark purple hair and run a hand through it, stopping when my hands get caught in the knots.

"Curse you, stupid hair." I frown. I grab the brush and look at it for a few seconds before running it through my hair, holding in my groans of pain when I try and tug through the knots.

I let go of the brush and let it hang in my hair, ignoring how ridiculous I look right now as I stare at myself in the mirror.

"Knock knock." I hear someone say and I turn to the door and nearly fall to the ground in shock when I see my father standing at the door, pure amusement on his face.

I step back and cross my arms over my chest. "Aren't you suppose to leave for work?" I ask and my father walks into the bathroom and pulls the brush out of my hair easily. He smiles and looks down into my green eyes.

"I just wanted to check on you." My father says and I shake my head.

"You don't need to. I'm fine." I say and my father looks at me for a few seconds like he is trying to look for some sort of emotion but I leave my face cold. My father nods before walking out of the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

I would've been happy if he checked on mom now and then but obviously he never cared about his wife. I would rather let my mom take my time with dad then let him spend it with me because in reality, my mom was the one who needed him the most, not me.

Pathetic.

●●●

As soon as I walked into the school building, I knew everyone knew about my mom. I don't know how but the feeling of everyone staring at me didn't bother me at all because I am used to it. What I am not used to is Nicole's stares of sympathy she is shooting my way as if to say 'sorry'.

Something about all this ticked me off and I slam my locker shut, making sure to slam it hard. I turn to everyone and glare at them, feeling the sudden rush of anger run through my veins.

"Don't you all have anything better to do? Stop staring at me, okay?" I snap, making sure to glare at each and every person in the hallway. I make sure to also look at Nicole, sending her the coldest glare I could do. Nicole just looks away and walks down the hall with her friends following behind her. I roll my eyes and begin to walk to my first class.

I'm okay with attention if Nicole is involved because it's not something new but if it has something to do with my family, especially my mom, I am not okay with it at all.

Not will I ever be okay with it.

●●●