The Player Stopped Me From Jumping

{ I had tried to change the title of this part to the new name of this book but to no avail so just remember that the new title of this book is 'Saving Gracie' }

|| S Y N O P S I S ||

Grace Parkinson doesn't know what it feels like to be happy. Living in a world where people aren't nice, where people aren't like the people in the movies, it makes her think that there is no such thing as happiness. Having no friends and not being able to talk to her mum about her problems since she has cancer doesn't even help her situation just a little bit at all.

One day though, a certain player with blonde hair and blue eyes finds Grace leaning against the lockers, crying her problems away, and decides to help her.

Since that day, you would expect things to go better but things don't get better, they get worse and when Grace finds herself about to jump off of the school building, thinking that the solution to her problems is death, the blonde player finds himself helping the lost girl again.

The only question is:

What will happen next?

|| N O T E ||

Welcome to 'Saving Gracie', once known as 'The Player Stopped Me From Jumping'. For those of you who don't know me, or haven't read my other books, I'm a pretty chill person (I bet you thought I was going to introduce myself, huh) but anyway, my name is Talesha, but most people call me Tales-long story that can be told another time. So, you can call me whatever-just not some weird, kinky names like "Daddy". People in Year 7 call each other that and it's just cringe-worthy. I know, today's generation is crazy. But anyway, I'm glad you clicked onto this book and I hope you enjoy reading it, just as much as I've enjoyed writing it for you all on Wattpad.

| | W A R N I N G ||

From people that have read this book already, I've noticed a lot of comments that say 'oh-my-god, I'm crying' and 'why is the making me so emotional'. Now, I have no idea why you are crying first of all, because not once did I even cry whole writing this. But anyway, that's the first warning:

-be prepared to cry like no tomorrow

The second warning is that while writing this book, I've tried to add a few things to make it more real. For example, real-life situations. These situations are:

-depression
-death
-suicide
-self-harm (cutting)

There are more, but reading the dot-points above, you should already know that this book is probably going to be hectic. So, please be careful while reading. Plus, if you are feeling depression, or just simply down (because everyone does at some point), don't be afraid to tell someone. That person can be your Mum, Dad, Aunty, Uncle, even your own brother or sister. But if your not comfortable with telling them, tell a friend. By the way, I'm always open for a chat if you need someone to talk to.

And now, the third warning-grammatical errors. Okay, so I'm no English teacher who writes and uses grammar the right way, but I know the basics, which is just the English language. If I didn't know that, I wouldn't be knowing the words that I'm typing now. Anyway, what I'm saying is, is that there will be errors and mistakes in this book. And that's okay, just point them out and I'll get right to the editing, but I need your help. Otherwise, I'll just be leaving this book with errors and mistakes everywhere, which I know will attract the people who hate seeing a word misspelt, or not seeing a full stop at the end of the sentence. So, if you come across a mistake, please point it out.

|| P L A G I A R I S M ||

You've probably seen the word 'plagiarism' a lot in books, and that's only for one reason-we don't want people to steal what we have spent endless nights on creating. Picture this: you're excited because you've finally had an idea for a book, your very first book, and you begin to spend the whole day planning out on what's going to happen. All of the plot twists, the characters, the cliff-hangers, everything. Then, you finally begin to start writing. A few months pass and you've finally finished your book. You're proud that you've came this far... only to come across a book that looks the exact same to your book. You see the comments and they all how good the book is, and you begin to get angry. You end up writing a big message to the so-called 'author' of the book, saying how you're not impressed with the fact that they've taken your idea, the one you spent months on writing. And when they finally take it down, you begin to understand what it's like to be an author on Wattpad.

No one wants to get their work stolen, or taken away, from them. It makes you feel angry. Trust me, I've had people message me saying how people have copied my books word-for-word, and I've gotten angry because of it. Your book is yours, not anyone else's. So, if you plan on stealing my ideas from this book, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill-wait, that's not nice... uh, I will send you a lovely message on how I 'totally love' your book and your ideas, even though you know I know that you've just been caught.

|| T I M E L I N E ||

Over the few months that I've been writing this book, I am finally finished with over fifty chapters. Success? No-victory!

-Started: 12/01/17
-Finished: 29/04/17

|| C A S T ||

There has been quite a mission to find out who will play who in this book, and after many hours of thought, I've finally come up with a cast.

-Grace is portrayed by the amazing Dove Cameron
-Luke is portrayed by the hot Cole Sprouse
-Eve is portrayed by the beautiful Angelina Jolie
-Nicole is portrayed by the sexy Lily Collins

Now, I may have just said that I came up with a cast... but those four people are the only people who is could enter as the cast, seeing as I couldn't find the right people for the rest of the characters. But, if you think someone should play as one of the characters that aren't listed above, please send them to my Gmail account:

-XmysterysmileX@gmail.com
OR
-20014tales23@gmail.com

But before you send them, please notify me first in the private messages on Wattpad. I don't look at each and every email that's on the accounts.

|| T R A I L E R ||

I would like to say a big thank you to Winkyxx for making the trailer for this book (the trailer is above in the multimedia section). I am in love with it, and I hope everyone else is too.

|| T H A N K Y O U ||

Okay, I'm happy for the few of you who have made it down to the end of this authors note. I didn't mean to make it this long but I got carried away. Don't forget to vote and comment on each chapter if you liked it. Now, you may begin reading. Enjoy!

_________

(3rd September, 2018)

side note: recently I have decided to read the comments and have been getting a lot of hate towards me about certain things that happen in this book. I'm not going to point anyone out but I'm just going to say this... everything in this book happens for a reason and there is a meaningful message at the end that you all should get. If you don't figure out the message then please don't hate on everything that happens because I love you all and I know we gt too attached to characters (trust me, the vampire diaries made me want to crawl under a rock and cry forever) but please do not take it out on me. I'm sorry if you do not like the book but that is no reason to be swearing and sending me death threats. Like I said, I love you all and didn't mean to do this purposely. Not all my books end like this one.

-Talesha