Chapter Fifty Six: Luke... Isn't A Player?

the last chapter :)

●●●

Grace's P.O.V

"Thank you, seniors, for performing that amazing dance routine for us!" The principle says, beginning to clap and so do the rest of school. The clapping goes on for about five seconds until it dies down.

"Now, we are going to have the slow dance for everyone!" The principle says and everyone begins to stand up from their seats, walking to the middle of the gymnasium. I notice some people sneak out instead of going to the middle and I can't help but chuckle.

Typical.

As I stand up, Nicole comes rushing over to me and pulls me aside. "Guess what I heard?" Nicole asks and I furrow my eyebrows.

"What?" I ask and Nicole grins.

"The 'evidence' that Jackson got from me, it paid off. James was arrested for the murder of your father, the kidnapping of you, Bennet and Luke, and the abuse towards me." Nicole says and my eyes widen.

"Really?" I gasp and Nicole nods. I bring her into a hug and smile.

"Oh my god, you don't know how much this means to me." I say and Nicole chuckles.

"I'm just glad I could do something to help." Nicole says, pulling away from me and my smile widens.

"Thank you, Nicole." I say and Nicole sends me one last smile before walking off to the middle of the gymnasium.

All of a sudden, Luke grabs my hand and drags me to the middle of the gymnasium where half the school has already gathered. A slow song, like in the movies, begins to play and Luke's arms go around my waist, pulling me closer to him. I wrap my arms around his neck and rest my head on his shoulder, a small smile on my face.

As I look around, I notice a few people doing the same and when my eyes land on Nicole's, she sends me a small, genuine smile. I return it and she nods before turning to the guy that she is holding onto. I don't recognise him but what I do recognise is her ex, Derek, glaring at the two with his arms crossed over his chest.

"What are you thinking about?" Luke asks, his voice quiet. I shrug and close my eyes, Luke's cologne filling my nose. Wow, it's actually not that bad...

"Nothing special." I reply and Luke chuckles.

"Oh really? So I don't count as special?" Luke asks and I open my eyes and look up at Luke, my eyebrow raising.

"Not everything is about you, Luke. Remember that." I say with a smirk and Luke's eyes widen.

"Harsh, Gracie. Harsh." Luke says but I know he is only joking by the smile on his face. When I lean my head back on Luke's shoulder, a million questions flood into my mind but the one that sticks out the most is the one that I asked myself before I left the house.

"Hey Luke," I call. "How were you capable of choosing this dress for me?" I chuckle and Luke raises his eyebrows at me.

"Are you saying you don't like it?" Luke asks and I shake my head.

"No, I'm saying that I find it interesting that a player, like yourself, has the... uh, mind to choose something like this." I say, hiding my grin and Luke let's out a chuckle.

"Don't always listen to the rumors, Gracie. Hence the reason why they are called 'rumors'." Luke says and I furrow my eyebrows.

"And thats suppose to mean what?" I ask and Luke breathes out a heavy sigh.