Chapter Forty One: Why Not Get Her The Full Package?

Grace's P.O.V

"You are now free to go, Grace." The doctor says with a smile, taking the clipboard under his arm. I send him a smile just before he leaves the room and I get off the bed slowly, making sure not to put too much pressure onto my arm. I don't want to be back here anytime soon so it's best to take my time and watch my step.

"I have a suprise for you when we get home." Eve says, walking beside me as we walk towards the elevator. I look up at Eve and raise my eyebrow.

"A surprise? What kind of suprise?" I ask and Eve shrugs.

"Oh just a little something I put together." Eve smiles and I nod, trying to block out the terrible elevator music. Honestly, I just want to hit the person who created elevator music. Who's with me?

When we get into the car, I lean my head back into the chair, enjoying the wonderful sound coming from the radio. The song Scared To Be Lonely by Martin Garrix and Dua Lipa plays through the speakers in the car and a small smile spreads across my face.

It was great at the very start
Hands on each other
Couldn't stand to be far apart
Closer the better

I hum the tune of the song as I feel the car beginning to move. As the song continues, I can hear Eve sing along to the song, making my smile fall off my face.

Since when could Eve sing?

Is it just our bodies
Are we both losing our minds
Is the only reason your holding me tonight
Cause we're scared to be lonely

As the car stops, I open my eyes and look at the house that once was my happy place. Now, it's just like any other place to me.

Your getting mixed up in your thoughts again, Grace, my brain warns and I sigh, knowing that I have to control myself. I mean, I have Eve, right? I at least have someone to rely on, other than Luke.

I get out of the car and when I walk up to the door, Eve chuckles slightly. I turn around but she waves me off, turning me back to the door. I open the door and all of a sudden, my aunty and Luke scream out the words that make me mentally laugh at myself for forgetting about today.

"Happy birthday, Grace!"

●●●

I walk into the kitchen, a small smile on my face as I let my thoughts take over. I can't believe Eve did all of this for me. Every detail, every single detail is perfect and I know she put a lot of time and thought into this. The only thought that I really wish I can push away is the one telling me that I don't deserve this.

"Shut up." I mumble, grabbing a glass from the cupboard and pouring some water into it. I place the jug of water back on the counter and take a sip of the refreshing cold water.

"Decided to run away from the party, huh?" I hear someone ask and I turn around to see my aunty sending me a small smile. She closes the door behind her and takes a seat in one of the stools. I grab another glass, pour her some water and walk over to her, giving her the glass. My aunty thanks me before drinking it and I take the stool opposite from her.

"How have you been?" My aunty asks and I shrug.

"Better than I expected." I say and my aunty nods.