Chapter Thirty Four: Did Luke Tell You Yet?

Grace's P.O.V

It is three o'clock in the morning and for the past hour, I have been staying up, waiting for a message to appear on my phone from a certain person. I have texted him a few times but still no answer and he might be asleep but it still hurts because he said he would message me later but he hasn't.

I need an explanation.

Now.

I throw the sheets off my body and let out a sigh, slowly climbing out of my bed. I know Eve is sleeping after a rough two hours since she basically drank three bottles of alcohol because of her boyfriends death.

My father's death.

After Eve and I drew for an hour, all of a sudden, the feelings began to kick in and thats when she went insane on all the alcohol in the house. She stayed up for two hours just sitting in the kitchen staring at the wall and I couldn't help but feel sorry for Eve.

I'm not the type of person to feel sorry for people because most people don't like receiving pity but I couldn't help it so I took all the alcohol away from Eve and held her in my arms for about half an hour as she cried on my shoulder. It wasn't awkward when she held onto me for dear life because she had to listen to me cry so why can't I help Eve since she dealt with my loud sobs?

I begin to walk out of my room and down the hallway towards Eve's room which is the spare room since she didn't want to sleep in the same room she used to spend the nights with her boyfriend and where my mom used to sleep. She said it is unhealthy for her to be in the room and I didn't blame her.

I push the door open to see Eve's body snuggled into the sheets and I nod to myself, mentally giving myself a pat on the back for successfully helping Eve. I close the door and begin to make my way into the bathroom to clean myself up because I am pretty sure I look worser than the grudge and a drag queen put together.

I flick the light on and look at myself in the mirror, a small frown stretching on my face when I realise that I was indeed correct.

Wow, the good things about being me.

I pat down my knotty purple hair and rub the sleep away from my eyes, washing my hands after. I grab the towel, wet it with warm water before placing it on my face. After doing this, I look at the piercings that are on the sink and sigh.

My mom always loved to see me with my piercings in because it showed everyone that I was different.

The only reason I hardly have them in anymore is because they remind me so much of my mom and the smile she wore on her face when she saw me walk out of the shop with my piercings in.

I clench my jaw and grab the piercings, squeezing them tightly in my hand. I can't keep holding myself down in this depressing state if everything in this damn house reminds me of my parents.

I throw them into the bin and look back up into the mirror, trying to blink away the tears. I shake my head, also shaking the thoughts away and I turn around and walk out of the bathroom and into my room.

The green light that is flashing on my phone makes my eyes widen in suprise and I run over to it, hoping that it is a message from Luke. I switch the screen on and my face falls when I see that it is a message from an unknown number.

Unknown number: Hey Grace, it's Randy. I need you to come and meet me at the police station ASAP... if your awake. If you see this in the morning, come anyway. I'll probably be here all night.

After reading the message twice, I get up and immediately run to my wardrobe to get out of my pajama's.

This better be important.

●●●

I run into the police station and stop, looking around the room. I notice Randy sitting on the bench with his head down and I run over to him, catching his attention by tapping his shoulder.

"Grace?" Randy says, a little suprised and I flash him a small smile.

"Hey." I say and Randy pats the seat next to him and the smile that was once on his face changes into a small frown.

"Did Luke tell you yet?" Randy asks and I frown.

"If it's about being involved in my father's death then yes." I reply in a quiet voice and Randy sighs, nodding.

"Did he explain it to you?" Randy asks and I shake my head, watching as Randy's frown deepens.

"Thats why I am still awake. He told me he would message me but he hasn't and I need to know what he was talking about." I say and Randy sighs again, running a hand through his hair.

"Don't tell Luke that I told you but... I'll explain everything to you." Randy says and I nod.

"Thank you." I mumble and Randy looks around before looking back at me.

"Okay, a few days before you came over, Luke had explained to us about how he didn't like your father and everything that he had did to you and your mom. He didn't make any threats towards your father until James asked what he wanted us to do. Luke replied with 'I just want him in pain since he has caused Grace so much pain' and thats when something coincidental happened." Randy says and I hold my hands together, stopping them from shaking.

This is usually what happened when I am either scared or nervous but right now, I have a feeling that they are shaking with anger.

"Go on." I mumble and Randy nods.

"Your father called a guy and asked him if he could get a tattoo and since that guy was James' boss, he went to go and do the tattoo for him. Apparently, when James arrived at your place, he did as he was ordered and he did the tattoo but what everyone didn't know what that he switched the black ink with something very toxic. James then trashed the house and placed a beer bottle in his hand to make it look like that he just passed out from too much alcohol but that wasn't the case. The toxic chemicals in the 'ink' made him pass out but of course no one knew except for James." Randy explains and my eyes go wide in disbelief. When no words escape my mouth, Randy continues.

"That is why Luke thinks that it was his fault your father died but technically it was James' fault because Luke didn't tell James to poison your father. Luke just wanted your father to go through the same pain that he put you and your mom through." Randy says and I bite on my lip.

"How do you know this?" I ask and Randy points behind him.

"James is in there." Randy says and I nod slowly. Before Randy can say anything else, I quickly speak up.

"Can I ask you a question, Randy?" I ask and Randy nods.

"Anything." He says and the thought spin around in my head as I try to speak. After a few seconds, I finally find my voice and I look down at my hands, the tears forming in my eyes.

"Do you know what the tattoo was?" I ask and I look back up at Randy to see a small smile on his face.

"Yes, Grace, I know what the tattoo was." Randy says and I stare at him, waiting for him to speak.

"It was your name on his ribs."

●●●