Chapter Five: That's A Little Creepy.

This chapter is dedicated to because I loved her comment in the last chapter! You are absolutely unexplainable... and not in a bad way :)

~ ~ ~

Grace's P.O.V

Some people say that every new day is a new start for us. Well, as much as I want to believe that saying, today is definitely not my day for a new beginning. Why? Because as I am currently walking into the school building, I can see Nicole standing beside my locker.

Grumbling, I mutter, "What could she possibly want now?"

As I make my way to my locker, I tug at my jumper, trying to calm myself down, or at least prepare myself for the worst.

"Good morning, Nicole." I say, starting our conversation on a god note, but by the way that she is looking at me, I don't think that being nice would've helped me at all. As I put my books into my locker, I chew on my bottom lip, feeling my legs begin to shake.

Slamming my locker shut, I face Nicole, ready for whatever she is about to do to me. But instead, she places a hand on her hip and frowns, but it's not one of those sad frowns.

"You see, Grace, I'm not very fond of people who try to steal my boyfriend." Nicole says, her words spinning in my head. Boyfriend? I didn't even know that she was dating someone! So, if I didn't know, how would I steal her boyfriend? And besides, even if I knew she has a boyfriend, I wouldn't even do anything even when I do hate her.

I furrow my eyebrows, just staring at Nicole. When she narrows her eyes at me, I force out a response. "I have no clue what you're talking about." I say quietly, just wanting to walk away and get on with my day.

Nicole points a finger at me. "Look, I'm just going to my it easier for you and just say that if I catch you with Luke, I will personally ruin your life." Like you haven't been doing that already, I think to myself as I nod.

Wait. Nicole and Luke?

Ugh, I was just staring to befriend him too.

●●●

"I want all of you to do five laps around the field. If I catch one of you cutting corners or stopping though, I will make you run another five. Got it?" Our sports teacher, Mr. Peters, says and we all nod, beginning to run around the field.

After running the five laps, Mr. Peters sends me a firm nod. "First again, Grace." Mr. Peters says, making me smile. As I walk up to the hill to grab a drink, I see two people.

Nicole and Luke.

"Come on! Just one kiss! If you won't go out with me, at least kiss me." Nicole begs, making me furrow my eyebrows. Her hands are clutching on Luke's shoulders, but not anymore when Luke pushes Nicole away.

"No, Nicole. No dating. No kissing. No anything." Luke says before leaving Nicole and walking away. I frown in confusion as I watch Nicole run a hand through her brown hair.

I thought they were dating though?

"It's because you have a thing for that little slut, isn't it?" Nicole suddenly screams and I glance over to see that Luke has stopped walking. He turns around slowly, walking back to Nicole.

Luke points a finger at Nicole, his eyes narrowed. "Grace is not a slut. You are." Luke says before walking off once again. I feel my heart race and my mind begin to blow up with thoughts.

Luke defended me. But why?

As Nicole storms off in anger, I take this opportunity to run up the hill and get my drink. Opening the water bottle that is in my bag, I take a sip before splashing some water on my face to cool me down.

"I saw you running..." I hear a voice suddenly say, making me jump and spill my water. Luckily it was just on the grass. Looking up at Luke, I furrow my eyebrows at him.

"That's a little creepy." I say, putting the lid back on the water bottle. Luke raises an eyebrow at me, crossing his arms over his chest.

"So is watching Nicole and I." Luke smirks, making me nervous as I look down at the ground. How the hell did he see me, I ask myself as I bite on my bottom lip.

"S-Sorry..." I stutter and all of a sudden, I feel Luke place two fingers under my chin, raising my head up to look at him.

"It's fine, Grace." Luke says, the smirk now turning into a small smile. All of a sudden, Nicole's words from earlier enter my mind, making me step away from Luke.

"I... I have to go." I say before running off, leaving Luke with that stupid smile on his face.

●●●

I skip down the pathway, a smile on my face. I can't wait to go and tell my mom about school today. She is going to be so happy since I can tell she already likes Luke.

You are probably wondering why I am in such a happy mood. Well, aside from the fact that Luke and I talked today and how he stuck up for me, I feel like home is the only place I can get away from my troubles and be free from Nicole and everyone else in that school.

I happily make my way up the driveway to see my mom's car parked. I quickly make my way up the stairs and take in a deep breath to try and calm down my nerves.

I open the door with my key and enter the house, closing the door behind me. "Mom, I'm home." I say, hoping that she isn't sleeping. After a few seconds of no answer, I frown in confusion.

"Mom, I'm home." I say again but a little louder. I walk around the living room and I check if she is in the kitchen but she isn't. I walk down the hallway to see if she is out the back gardening.

Yeah, maybe she is doing that.

"Hey, mom?" I open the back door, looking out the back to see if my mom is out here but just like before, she isn't nowhere to be found. Suddenly, I start to worry.

"M-Mom?" I say, running up the stairs to see if my mom is her bedroom. Nope.

Maybe the bathroom? No, the door is unlocked.

"Mom!" I scream, gripping at my hair. As I walk past a mirror, I stop and look at myself. I let go off my hair and take a deep breath. Calm down, Grace.

I take out my phone and decide to call her. As I press my phone to my ear, I hear something coming from my mom's room and I walk back down the hallway to check what the noise is.

I push the door open and thats when the noise is clear. The song I Love It by Icona Pop - my mom's favorite song - plays and I realise that wherever my mom is, she didn't take her phone with her.

I end the call and walk to my mom's bed, sitting on it. I grab my mom's voice and hold it in my hand. "Where are you, mom?" I ask, trying to not break down.

Wait, I can call my dad.

As I ring his number, the phone goes straight to voicemail and I groan in frustration, throwing my phone at the wall in anger. I watch as it falls to the ground, smashed and cracked.

"Grace?" I hear a person ask and I look up to see a man I haven't seen in my life.

"Who are you?" I ask, my tone changing to hope. The man takes my hand and walks me out of my mom's bedroom, down the stairs and out the door.

"I need you to come with me."

●●●