Chapter Three: Well, That's Helpful.

Thank you for the beautiful cover! You are so talented! Also, I hope you readers enjoy this chapter as it is a little longer than the first two chapters :)

~~~

Grace's P.O.V

Some people would say that teachers are amazing, that they are our guide to our future occupation. Other people would say that teachers are nobodys who can't find anything better to do with their lives, which is why they became a teacher; to make them feel powerful, make them feel like somebody. I, on the other hand, say that teachers are just people who want to see kids get a better education, or a better go at life, and achieve great things.

And when Nicole yelled out that our English teacher, Mrs. Dargen, is an 'old hag' a few minutes ago, I couldn't help but pity Mrs. Dargen. She is an elderly lady, probably in her fifties, or sixties, and even though she is mean when she has to be, the students in our class always treat Mrs. Dargen like a nobody. All she is trying to do is help us, but some people would rather be on their phones then pay attention to her. I'm not some weird nerd who has a passion for school, but I'm just saying that students should at least pay some respect to Mrs. Dargen who is only trying to help us.

I watch as Mrs. Dargen sighs loudly. "Class-"

"Just go home, lady!" One of the boys, who think that they mean something to everyone, screams out, only probing my point more. I shake my head in disapproval before bowing my head into my arms, realising that we won't end up learning anything in this class because of how disrespectful the students are being.

But suddenly, before I can drift off to sleep, someone knocks on the classroom door. I immediately raise my head from my arms, afraid that Mrs. Dargen will put me on detention for not paying attention, and watch as she walks over to the door before swinging it open, revealing Christopher James.

Christopher James is one of the 'scary people' in our school. If someone looks at him the wrong way, expect him to come up to you and start abusing you. Christopher hasn't done this to me, but I've seen him do it in the cafeteria one time.

"You're late, Christopher." Mrs. Dargen scolds, but Christopher just smiles at our English teacher.

"At least I came, right?" Christopher says, and I mentally nod in approval. He hardly ever comes to class, and when he does, everyone immediately begins to be nice to Mrs. Dargen. Some people say that Mrs. Dargen is actually Christopher's Grandmother, but then again, it's a rumor.

Mrs. Dargen sighs, but steps out of the way to let Christopher walk in. He takes his usual seat in the back row, where I am, and when no one says anything, Christopher decides to speak.

"So, are we going to learn today, or what?" Christopher asks, knowing that when he isn't here how rude everyone really is. I guess that's why Mrs. Dargen can never be angry at Christopher; because of the fact that he helps her shut everyone up in a way.

I notice Mrs. Dargen smile, beginning to talk about the book that we've been reading in class and how we have an assignment on it soon.

But due to the fact that I hardly got any sleep last night, I bow my head back into my arms again, hoping to at least get a few minutes of sleep.

~ ~ ~

It's lunch time and I haven't seen Luke at all today. You can't blame me for thinking about him. He has been running through my mind all day today. I don't know why but a part of me is relieved that I haven't bumped into him, but the rest of me is a little disappointed. Today, I thought I would have someone to talk to, to spend my lunch with, but I guess I was right about him not wanting to get involved.