Chapter Ten: Once A Player, Always A Player.

I have a feeling that you will like this chapter... but then again, you might want to punch a few people while reading this. So, let me know what you think at the end of the chapter!

●●●

Grace's P.O.V

I stand in the shower, dreading the face that today is school and everyone is probably wondering if I actually done it. If I actually jumped off the school building. Well, today they are going to see that I am still alive. I can just imagine what today is going to be like.

Nicole is going to do the same usual thing she does everyday, Luke is going to appear after the scene happens and disappear for the rest of the day and everyone is going to probably stare at me like they did yesterday. Ugh, such a great life.

I close my eyes and tilt my head back, letting the water splash down my face from behind me. I turn the shower off and step out, wrapping a white towel around my body. I wrap one around my hair too before walking out and walking towards my room.

As I close the door behind me, I notice something lying on my bed and I walk towards it, picking up the box. There is a note attached to the box and I rip it off, bringing it closer to my face.

I know this isn't good but at least we can still talk right? - L.P

I open the box and notice that it is a new phone. I look back at the note and notice that the initials are Luke's name.

He got me this so we can talk?

Wait a second, how did he even get in my house?

I take the phone out and switch it on to already see that I have a message. I slide the screen across and open the message.

Best Friend: I am waiting for you outside.

Me: Luke, why did you set your name to 'best friend'?

Best Friend: Because I'm your best friend now and you are mine. Anyway, get dressed and hurry up, we are going to be late.

I smile and place the phone on the bed before walking to my cupboard and picking out my clothes.

Hopefully, unlike Nicole, he stays as my best friend because right now, I can't lose anyone else.

●●●

"You cut your hair..." Luke says as I get in his car. I nod and grab a bit of my hair that is resting on my shoulder.

"You don't think it's too short?" I ask and Luke smiles, starting the engine.

"I think it's perfect." Luke says before driving off into the direction of the school. He turns the radio up and a smile appears on my face.

"I like this song." I say, recognising the song as Paris by The Chainsmokers. Luke nods and stops at the lights.

"Yeah it's okay." Luke says and I frown at him.

"You mean it's amazing." I say, throwing my hands in the air to make a point and Luke laughs as I turn to face the road.

"Like you."

"What?" I ask, turning to him in fake confusion. Luke smiles and waves me off.

"Don't worry." Luke says and I nod, looking out the window. Little did he know, I actually heard his words and to be honest, the feelings in my stomach made me smile.