Chapter Thirty Three: I Like To Draw On My Arms...

Woah, when you finish reading this chapter, you are honestly going to be shook. And if you think that the drama will stop there, think again. I know, I am one evil person. No need to remind me.

●●●

Grace's P.O.V

After going into protective custody and hanging out with the extremely nice police officer who kept me company the whole time I was basically in here for, I decided to finally go and visit my father after a sleepless night of thinking.

Jackson, the police officer, asked me if I wanted a ride but I refused his offer and told him that I would be getting a ride from a friend of mine. Well, the guy is my boyfriend but he didn't need to know that.

Right now, I am sitting in the uncomfortable chairs they provide in each hospital room. My eyes look over at my father who is laying on the bed, not moving at all. His skin is pale but the beeping from the monitor distracts me from looking at my father for a second more.

I hear door creak open and I look over my shoulder to see Luke standing there with two cups in his hands. I stand up from my seat and walk over to him, taking the cup from his hand.

"Thanks." I mumble and Luke sends me a small smile before making his way to the seats. I take my seat and enjoy the feeling of the warmth coming from the cup as it warms my cold hands.

"Grace," Luke calls quietly and I turn to him, staring into his blue eyes in confusion and curiosity.

"Yeah?" I ask and Luke let's out a sigh.

"If I tell you something, will you promise not to be mad with me?" Luke asks and I bite my lip. The last time I had promised something with Luke, I broke it. Can I keep this promise even if it is extremely bad?

I sip on the coffee, looking away from Luke's eyes but only for a second. I turn back to him and nod slowly. "Okay." I mumble and Luke nods. He places his cup on the small table beside him and he runs a hand through his hand, glancing over at my father before looking back at me.

"I had something to do with what happened to your father and your house." Luke says a little too quickly but I still understood him. The words register in my head and my hands begin to shake. I place my cup on the table and fold my hands together to try and stop them from shaking.

"W-What do you mean?" I ask and Luke let's out a heavy sigh. Before he can explain, his phone goes off and he pulls it out of his pocket, glancing at it for a few seconds before standing up.

"I-I have to go." Luke says and I stand up, my eyes beginning to water.

"N-No, Luke, you have to tell me." I say and Luke walks over to the door.

"I will... just not now. I'll text you later, okay?" Those where the last words Luke said before leaving the room and I fall back into my seat, trying to control the thoughts in my head that are going insane.

My thoughts are instantly cut off though when I hear the monitor continuously beep. My eyes shoot over to my father and before I can do anything, doctors come rushing in and they quickly usher me out of the room, the doctors pushing the bed out of the room after I exit.

I watch as my father is pushed down the hallway into another room and the first tear falls. The doctor looks down at me and clicks his fingers in front of my face to grab my attention. I look up at him to see the small smile on his face.

"Everything is going to be okay." The doctors says and as I look down the hallway, I can't help but remember back to the day that my mom died.

That's exactly what you thought but look at what happened, my brain reminds me and I choke out a sob, letting the rest of the tears fall down.

I may hate my father for everything he has done but like I said before, he is my father and if I lose him too... I'm going to be so broken. I mean, he is my only parent left and even though he hardly acts like a father towards me, it doesn't mean that I don't care at all.

Suddenly, the words that came out of Luke's mouth before rings in my head and my hands begin to shake more.

"I had something to do with what happened to your father and your house."

I really hope he is joking...

●●●

I walk into the house, my cheeks puffy and my eyes bloodshot from the tears that continued to flow down my cheeks the entire way home. Eve walks in behind me and closes the door, making her way into the kitchen.

"Grace," Eve calls and I stop in my tracks, turning around to look at Eve. She points into the kitchen and I follow her as she begins to make her way into my mom's favourite room of the house.

My mom always loved to cook.

"Do you want something to eat?" Eve asks and I take a seat at the table, pushing my dark purple hair away from my face. I shake my head when Eve raises her eyebrow at me.

"No thank you." I mumble and Eve sighs, walking over to the table and sitting at the opposite seat from mine. She crosses her arms over the table and sends me a small frown.

"You know we are going to get through this, right?" Eve says and I let out a sigh.

It has been two hours since Eve and I heard the news that my father had died from poisoning. I don't know what it was but that was what the doctors had told us - well, what they could only tell us since that was basically everything that they had found out in the short period of time they had left.

To be honest, after two hours of crying, it feels like my body is refusing me to cry some more. Everytime I just want to release the pain in tears, it won't do it and that makes me so angry because that only leaves me to one solution.

I can't go back to that life.

"I know." I mumble, chewing on my bottom lip. The silence hits us and I find myself drawing small circles on the table with my index finger. Eve watches me and a small smile appears on her face.

"Do you like to draw, Grace?" Eve asks and I look up at her, my body freezing as her words sink into my head.

I like to draw on my arms...

"Not really." I say and Eve nods slowly, standing up and walking out of the kitchen. I watch the kitchen door close, waiting for Eve to come back.

If she comes back.

As I predicted, Eve comes back into the kitchen a few seconds later with a sketchbook in her hands. She walks over to me and stands beside me, placing the sketchbook on the table.

When she opens it, I notice that the first drawing is of a man who I suspected as her father. I look up at Eve in curiosity and she smiles, pointing at the man.

"This is my father." She says and I nod, looking back at the drawing. It looks like something from Pablo Picasso because it is just so good.

"You are really good a drawing." I say as she continues to flip a few pages that have roses, different faces and other things. She turns to a blank page and pulls out a pencil from her pocket.

"Let's see what you've got." Eve smiles, handing the pencil to me and I grab it, holding it tightly in my hands. I bite my lip, thinking of something to draw then it hits me.

I breathe out a sigh and begin to draw, trying to keep the image in my head. I know it's weird to draw this when Eve is here but this is what I want back...

My parents.

●●●