Chapter Fifteen: I'm Not Hungry.

Get prepared to squeal your house down ;)

●●●

Grace's P.O.V

It's been one month since my mom's funeral and let me just say, I have never felt so alone. Even though I still have Luke taking me places and talking about anything, kissing out of the random, going to a few parties now and then but his company obviously doesn't compare to my mom at all.

I miss my mom. I miss everything about her. I miss her smile, her laugh, that twinkle in her eyes when she sees me... I miss everything about her.

"Hey, your zoning out again." Luke chuckles and I smile at him.

"Sorry," I say and Luke nods.

"Its okay. So, what are we watching tonight?" Luke asks as I cuddle up next to him. I smile when I see the movie 'Bad Neighbors' appear on the screen and Luke nods in agreement.

"I love this movie." Luke says and I let out a laugh.

"Who doesn't?" I chuckle and Luke rolls his eyes at me and grabs my hand, rubbing small circles on the palm of my hand. The movie begins and we watch as the awkward sex scene comes on.

"Oh my god, can we skip it?" I ask, looking up at Luke and he smiles at me, leaning closer to me.

"I can distract you, if you'd like?" Luke asks and I smile back at him.

"Yes please." I mumble and Luke's lips touch mine, making the butterflies attack my stomach and my heart flutter.

Okay, I should explain. Over the past month, Luke has been sneaking in my room on Saturday nights and we just watch movies. It is like a movie night for us but he just keeps kissing me which basically changes the whole 'movie night' thing to 'movie and kissing - but mostly kissing - night'. To say that I have developed stronger feelings for Luke is a large understatement.

I think I love him.

But then again, what is love? How do I even know what love is when my dad never loved my mom? Does he love Eve or is he doing the exact same thing he did with mom and is cheating on her with another woman? See, my life is very confusing. Since I don't know what love feels like, let me just put it this way then.

He is my drug and I am addicted to him.

Everytime he looks at me, my brain just wants me to freeze the moment and keep it forever locked in my head so I'll never forget it. Everytime he laughs, I just want to record it and play it over and over again so I will never get old of it. Everytime his lips touch mine, I feel like he takes a small piece of my pain away and changes it to happiness.

I feel like he is changing me but for the better so I can become this person I never thought I had inside of me. Even though I don't know who that person is yet, I feel like one day, I will truly know and I will never want to go back to this person I am now.

"Gracie..." Luke says, looking me dead in the eyes. I stare at his blue eyes, trying not to smile from happiness.

"Yes, Luke?" I ask, my smile coming out and Luke rests his head against mine.

"It was only a month and a bit ago that I met you and to be honest, you make me so happy." Luke says and I close my eyes, breathing calmly.

"Likewise." I say and Luke chuckles, running a finger along my jaw. I open my eyes and touch Luke's nose, making Luke move away with another chuckle.

"I want you to be my girlfriend, Gracie." Luke says and my face drops, the happy smile I wore on my lips a second ago changes to a straight face.

"Luke-"

"I mean, you don't have to say yes because like I said, it was only a month ago and I don't want to rush things because I really like you and-"

"Luke." I say, resting my finger on his lips to shut him up. Once he has stopped his ranting, I move my finger away and he frowns.

"What?"

"I really like you too and that is the reason why I will be your girlfriend." I say with a smile and Luke's face slowly lights up when my words hit him.

"Oh my-" Before Luke can finish his sentence, someone knocks on my door, taking both Luke and I by suprise as we immediately separate from each other and end up falling on the ground with a loud thud.

"Its only me. I just want to say that dinner is downstairs if you want it." Eve says and I let out a sigh of relief.

"No tha-"

"Your eating." Luke whispers, his hand resting on my mouth. I roll my eyes and pull his hand away from my face.

"I'll be down soon." I say and I hear Eve's footsteps become quieter with each step she takes and when I can't hear them anymore, I pounce on Luke.

"I'm not hungry." I growl in anger and Luke laughs, resting both his hands on my cheeks.

"You are."

"No I am n-" Just as I am about to finish my sentence, I hear my stomach growl, making Luke smirk.

"Yes you are. Now, I'll text you later, my beautiful girlfriend." Luke grins as he picks me up by the waist and sits me on my bed. He kisses me once on the lips before climbing out my window.

"Bye, Luke." I whisper and he throws me one last smile before disappearing out of my sight. I let out a sigh and walk out of my room, trying my hardest not to squeal out in excitement and happiness.

I am Luke's girlfriend...

Luke is my boyfriend...

God, I can't wait to tell my mom-

I stop in my tracks as I reach the last stair and I bite my lip in pain, blinking away the tears. I pinch my arm - something I do to get my mind away from things - and walk into the kitchen to grab my dinner.

As I make my way to my room, I can't help but let my mind wonder to my mom once again. The conversation we had in my dream appears in my mind and I let out a sigh.

"Be careful about the man you choose to be with, okay? It might seem right at first but make sure your ready."

I know Luke asked me straight away which took me by suprise but did I make the right decision? Yes, Luke makes me happy but am I ready to put my heart in his hand? Can I trust him to not hurt me?

He does act different around me, yes, but does that mean he is a whole different person to the one that holds the title of the school's player? Will his playboy ways come into this relationship?

No, he won't hurt me.

"Once a player, always a player."

Oh look, now Nicole is getting into my head. I mean, she could be looking out for me but then again, she could be jealous? Oh, I have no idea what that girl feels. One minute she hates me and the next minute she is all nice and civil with me.

I let out a sigh and start to pick at my food.

I hope I made the right decision, mom.

●●●