Chapter Fifty Three: At The Police Station?

Grace's P.O.V

"Luke!" I squeal, running past the kitchen and towards my boyfriend who is standing in the doorway with his hands open wide. I attack him with a hug and Luke chuckles, his hands holding me tightly.

"Good morning beautiful. Ready for school?" Luke asks and I nod.

"Yes but I have to say goodbye to someone first." I say and run back inside to give Bennet a hug. He let's out a laugh and stumbles back, making us both fall down over the couch and onto the floor.

Believe it or not, Eve got home at midnight because she had to go to the hospital in the city for a checkup. I had no idea why but Eve just told me because of the pain she is having. When I introduced her to Bennet, Eve was in shock. She denied it at first, saying that he is probably a homeless person off the street but when I told her about everything, she believed me and decided to let Bennet say the night. Eve went to bed since she was tired but all Bennet and I did was watch movies and laugh to the most stupidest things.

To say that I feel happy is a huge understatement.

It's like the whole in my heart is now in one piece. I may have lost both of my parents but I still have one last person left that I can call family.

Bennet.

It's like that saying. 'You lose one but gain one'. That's exactly what's going on but instead of losing one, I lost two. And still to this day, it hurts.

"Wait, is that the guy from yesterday?" I hear Luke ask once I get up and I nod.

"Luke, meet Bennet... my brother." I say and Luke's eyes widen. He stares between the both of us before laughing. When Bennet and I exchange weird looks, Luke stops laughing and points at the two of us.

"Oh, your not joking..." Luke says and I shake my head.

"No, I'm not." I say and Luke stands up straight and clears his throat. He walks over to Bennet and holds his hand out for Bennet to shake.

"Uh, nice to meet you?" Luke says, a little confused with the words that are coming out of his mouth and Bennet clears his own throat, standing up straight. He shakes Luke's hand and nods.

"Take care of my sister, Luke." Bennet says and Luke glances over at me.

"Are you sure this isn't a joke?" Luke asks and I chuckle, shaking my head once again. Luke looks back at Bennet and nods.

"I'm doing exactly that." Luke says, his tone now confidence but by the way his free hand is slight shaking, I can tell he isn't going to adjust to this anytime soon.

"Good. Now, you two run along. You don't want to be late, do you?" Bennet asks and we both shake our heads. Luke grabs my hand and begins to drag me out the door.

When we reach the car, Luke turns to me once more. "Now... are you positive you two aren't playing a trick on me?" Luke asks and I let out a laugh and slap his shoulder, shaking my head.

"Just hurry up and start the car."

●●●

Once Luke and I enter inside the school building, the bell rings loudly through the halls, making everyone immediately begin to sprint to class in fear of being late. My eyes widen and I look up at Luke, hoping that he will say a quick goodbye so I won't be late for class.

I have already missed a few days off school. I don't need to miss anymore school time.

Luke glances over at me before rolling his eyes playfully. "Go on. Get to class, goody-two-shoes." Luke laughs and I thank him before placing a short kiss on his cheek and running down the hallway to class.