Chapter Thirty Two: You Think I Did It?

Grace's P.O.V

The car stops in front of my house and I let out a sigh when I notice that my father's car is parked in the driveway but Eve's car isn't. I unbuckle my seat belt and run my hands up and down my thighs, my thoughts beginning to circle my head.

"Are you okay?" I hear Luke ask and I turn to him and shrug.

"I don't know anymore." I mumble and Luke frowns at me, grabbing my hand and holding it in his.

"Do you want to come to mine?" Luke asks and I shake my head.

"I'll be fine." I say and Luke give me a stern look before raising my chin up with his spare hand. I look into his blue eyes and watch as a small frown appears on Luke's face.

"Smile, Grace." Luke demands and I roll my eyes.

"Not this again-"

"Smile." Luke repeats and I let out a sigh and do as I am told. Luke nods and places a gentle kiss on my lips, letting his lips linger on mine for a few seconds before pulling away.

"Text me if you need to get out of the house, okay?" Luke says and I nod, opening the car door and getting out. As I walk up to the door, I hear a loud whistle come from Luke, making my cheeks heat up. I quickly run up to the door and turn around to send Luke a wave. He smiles before driving away and I turn back around, grabbing my key out of my pocket and pushing it into the door.

I push the door open and the small smile that is on my face falls and my mouth opens in shock. The living room is completely destroyed and glass is everywhere, making my eyes widen at the scene. I also notice my father on the floor, his eyes shut and a beer bottle clutched in his hand.

I run over to him and fall to my knees, grabbing his arm and checking his pulse. My heart stops when I don't feel anything and I go to his neck, seeing if I can feel anything there. When I don't, I jump up and grab my phone out of my pocket, dialling nine-one-one.

As I tell the lady all the details, I glance at my father who still hasn't moved at all. The lady tells me that the ambulance will be here soon and I quickly hang up the phone so I can call Eve.

After dialling her number three times and still not getting an answer, I gulp, looking around the living room. A million questions flood in my mind and I can't help but concentrate on the one question that stands out.

Who did this?

●●●

Usually, I wouldn't care about my father and what he has gotten himself into. I would push him away and not give a single damn about him but now, it's like my feelings for him have changed.

I mean, he has done some stupid and hurtful things to me and my mom but he is my father. He is a part of me and I can't help but feel bad for not caring. It has only been two months since I lost my mom and if I lose my father, I don't know where I will end up.

I'm the type of person to forgive and forget but with the things that my father has done in the past, it is sort of hard. I try to keep my anger towards him, I really do, but it's like the hatred is slowly crumbling away as I realise that my father is the only parent I have left.

"Grace..." I hear someone say and I look up to see Eve frowning at me as I sit on the porch, looking at the two ambulance vans and the three cop cars in front of my house. I notice that Eve's hair is slightly messy and her hands are shaking a little.

"Hey." I say and Eve takes a seat next to me, looking at the scene in front of her.

"What happened?" Eve asks and I shrug, biting my nails.