Chapter Fifty Four: Look In Your Bedroom.

Grace's P.O.V

"Grace, you know I can't arrest him without any proof. A lot of people have came into this police station telling us that about someone and saying all this stuff about him but without any proof, I can't do a thing. I mean, I am not saying that I don't believe you, it's just... I need proof to do something." Jackson explains and Nicole and I share a look, frowns etched on our faces.

"Jackson, please. You had James before when he murdered my father so why isn't he in jail?" I ask and Jackson sighs.

"Again, we had no proof. Three guys around your age came in here doing the exact same thing you are doing now. So, we brought James in for questioning and when we had no proof, we let him go." Jackson explains and I let out a frustrated sigh.

"You police officers make so many people angry, you know that?" I ask and Jackson nods.

"Sadly yes but we are just doing our jobs. We don't make the rules, we just enforce them. That's all." Jackson says and Nicole taps my shoulder. I look over at her and she waves her hand closer to her. I excuse myself from Jackson and he just nods. I walk over to where Nicole is wanting me to stand and she stands in front of me, her back to Jackson.

"You know how we need proof?" Nicole asks and I nod. "I know how to give him it." Nicole says and she points to her eye where the bruise is. "I'm going to say it was James. I'll make up a story and hopefully, it will be enough to get Jackson to arrest James for the murder of your father, the kidnapping and for everything else that he has done." Nicole says and my eyes widen.

"But what if they find out that your father actually did that?" I ask, pointing to her eye and Nicole shakes her head.

"The only way they will be able to get proof that my father actually did it is to ask him and I know my father won't confess. He will have to say no if he doesn't want to go to court for child abuse." Nicole says and my mouth goes into the shape of an 'o' as everything makes perfect sense. I may know the truth but Jackson doesn't. The story is believable but I just have to hope that Nicole makes up a story that puts the last piece of the puzzle in its place.

"Are you sure?" I ask and Nicole nods.

"Positive." Nicole says and I let out a sigh before walking over to Jackson. Nicole stands beside me and I turn to her, my eyes widening slightly, hoping that she gets the message. Nicole nods and turns to Jackson.

"I have the proof you need." Nicole says and Jackson's eyes widen in surprise. He turns around and motions us to follow. I notice that we are going to the interrogation room.

Fingers crossed that this works...

●●●

"So, your telling me that when you went to go and confront James about the kidnapping of Grace, Luke and Bennet, he punched you a few times, which caused the bruise, and after that, he ran off?" Jackson asks and Nicole nods.

"And before that, I asked him if he killed Grace's father and he didn't deny it or anything. That's what I decided to confront him about the kidnapping." Nicole says and Jackson nods. He grabs a sheet of paper out and slides it across the table, handing it to Nicole.

"I know you just told me what happened but I need you to write a statement about what happened. Start from the very end and finish to the part where he ran away." Jackson says, also handing Nicole a pen and Nicole nods, beginning to write down her statement.

"Grace, can I have a word with you outside?" Jackson asks and I nod, standing up from my chair. When Jackson walks over to the door, I look back at Nicole to see her send me a small smile before mouthing 'your welcome' to me. Before I can even send her a smile, Jackson coughs and I turn around, walking out of the room. Jackson closes the door and crosses his hands across his chest.