Chapter Forty Two: This Is My Girlfriend... Grace.

Grace's P.O.V

"Let's skip school today." Luke says and I frown, picking up my bag off my bed. I put the phone on speaker and place it on the drawer as I clip a strand of my hair back.

"I don't want to. Do you know how many days I have skipped ever since I first talked to you?" I ask, patting my hair down. I hear Luke chuckle.

"Its only one day, Gracie."

"No, Luke." I say and Luke sighs.

"Fine but I hope your ready because I am outside." Luke says and my eyes widen as I take my legs over to my window and look out. Luke's car is parked in front of my house and I shake my head in disapproval.

"You need to stop showing up like this. It's really creepy." I say, grabbing my phone and placing it on my ear.

"And you need to stop checking if I'm lying or not. It's really disappointing." Luke mocks and I roll my eyes before hanging up. I walk out of my room and down the stairs. Eve is sitting on the couch with a piece of toast in her mouth and I send her a wave when she notices me.

"Bye, Eve." I say with a smile and she returns it.

"Try not to move your shoulder too much." Eve says and I nod, opening the front door.

"I'll try." I say before walking out of the house and towards Luke's car. I get in and place my bag in between my feet.

"Good morning, Gracie." Luke smiles, reaching over and pecking my lips. I kiss him back for only a few seconds before pushing Luke away.

"Just because I didn't want to skip school today does not mean that I want to be late so drive." I say with a grin and Luke rolls his eyes playfully before starting the car and driving towards the school.

●●●

"Okay students," The teacher starts as we all take our seat. The teacher stands in front of the class, a small smile on his face. "As you all know, the principle wanted to cancel the school dance-"

"Boo!" The class shouts and the teacher raises his finger, shutting everyone up. I let out a sigh, knowing that the 'boo's' will turn into 'yeah's' after the teacher has finished speaking.

The only reason I know this is because Nicole had told me this morning that her father had threatened to get the school shut down if he didn't allow the 'school dance' - which is next week - to proceed. With this information that Nicole  had told me, I knew she wanted to have the school dance this year and she would do exactly what her family did best to get just that.

"Students, please listen though. After a few... meetings that the teachers and the principle have had, we have finally come to the decision to let the school dance go on but, of course, there are rules." The teacher says and after the students, especially Nicole, have stopped cheering, the teacher grabs a marker and turns around, beginning to write on the board.

Rules for the School Dance!
- no alcohol
- no drugs
- no fights
- no inviting other people from different schools
- no short shorts, crop tops or anything that might be considered inappropriate

As the students groan at the rules, I smile to myself. I'm so glad that the school dance won't be a terrible as last year. Oh, what happened last year? Well, since the principle said that there are no rules at all, just have fun and be responsible, everyone thought of that as an opportunity to change the school dance into some teenage party.