Chapter 4

- 1 week later -

At 9:30 I was awoken by Laura. I had been sleeping in her guest bedroom for a week since my foster parents had left me. I jumped out of bed and hoped into the shower. When I got out I dried my hair, there was no point in straightening my unruly curls, they would reappear in a few hours anyway. I put on a bit of concealer to hide my under eye bags, some mascara and some lip balm. I looked down at the outfit I had set out on the floor, a white tshirt, a high waisted denim skirt, some black tights, a pair of little black boots and my black trench coat. I smiled happily, pleased with what I had chosen.

I checked the time, 11:09am. I was right on time, my train to London was at 11:30. I grabbed my bags and made my way downstairs to where Laura was waiting, she loaded my bags into the back of her car and we set off for the train station. When we arrived there, she opened the boot and I grabbed my bags. We walked to the platform together in silence, both dreading the goodbye that was coming up. When we arrived Laura looked at me with sadness in her eyes

"I'm going to miss you Soph"

She kissed me on my the cheek handed me a piece of paper with the address of my father's apartment, her phone number and some important contact information and waved me goodbye as my train pulled into the station.

The journey was only an hour but it felt like an eternity. As the train pulled in at Euston station my heart began to pound. I was about to meet my dad. My father. One half of my genetics.

I hailed a taxi and jumped in the back.

"221b Baker Street please"

The taxi diver looked at me strangely through the rear view mirror. I could tell he was questioning my age but he decided against asking me and pulled away from the curb.

5 minutes later I was stood outside 221b Bakers street bags in hand. I slowly walked up to the door and tapped the knocker. A short older woman with short dirty blonde hair answered the door, she rubbed her hands on her apron and looked at me with a dazed expression on her face. She didn't even ask who I was there to see she just turned and shouted up the stairs

"Sher...Sherlock...umm..there's someone here to see you..."

"You can go upstairs love" she looked at me wistfully before following me upstairs.

The moment I entered the room, 3 jaws simultaneously dropped, my own included. There were two men and one woman in the room. The woman had short blond hair and large round eyes, she was sat next to an older looking man with grey hair, presumably her husband. Both of them were staring amazed at me. But the only person I was truly paying attention to was the reason I came here.

"Hi dad"