Chapter 14

My feet pounded hard on the ground as the rain beat down on my back. My clothes were soaking as I followed the woman further into the winding streets but just as I was close enough to touch her, she disappeared into thin air.

I woke up in a pool of sweat with my hair sticking to my face, my breathing ragged and unsteady. I managed to gather my thoughts and pull myself up to a sitting position before reaching to turn my alarm off. Slowly and quietly, I crept out of bed with my disposable phone in hand.

I had my torch on as I snook out into the hallway, making sure that I checked before I stepped out. I mentally ran through the route to get back to Irene's office and began the walk back towards where I came in. When I finally reached her office door, I nearly dropped my phone. I could hear the clear voice of Irene on the other side of the door, but at this time? 

I listened closely at the door,

"And you're sure no one else knows that you're coming?"

Who could she be talking to?

"I know T, I know you can look after yourself you're not 5 anymore blah blah blah, I'm sorry darling, is you're dad arranging your car?"

She has a child! I mentally jumped for joy at how easy it was to find out something to hold against her.

"Well it's late here darling so I must go"

Different time zones, i noted

"Goodbye Tyler, love you"

Tyler Adler. Her son.

Without a sound, I jumped up and raced down the hall towards my room before she could open the door. I slid down the other side as I closed it, panting hard. I grab my phone and text dad with the good news-

'Has a son. Tyler Adler. Different timezone. Coming here tomorrow!'

I carefully put my phone back on my side table, melting back into the pillows and falling asleep almost instantly.

When I awoke, I looked at my phone to see a simple message from dad-

'That's my girl'

I got out of bed and changed into a clean outfit and made my way downstairs. When I reached the kitchen, I found Irene sat at the table surrounded by papers. She mumbled a morning before returning her focus to the paper work spread out. I shrugged and helped myself to some toast and orange juice set out on the side.

"I have a visitor arriving shortly"

Irene said curtly as I took a bite of my toast. She looked up at me from her papers, staring at me dead in the eye.

"No one must know he is here"

My blood ran cold as she said this, as though she already knew that I had told my dad but I brushed it off quickly and nodded.

At that moment, the doorbell rang. Irene stood up and walked towards the front door, heels clicking as she went. I hung back in kitchen, preferring not intrude on personal things but even then I caught a glimpse of  Taylor.

He was the most gorgeous boy I'd ever seen in my life.

AN// Heyyy, another part done! The ships are already in full swing, I loveeeee writing this it's so much fun :) Love you lots

Starryeyes <3