Chapter 13

I sat shivering on a chair in front of a large marble fireplace wrapped in a wool blanket. The pristine white colour scheme of the room made me feel uneasy and as I looked around the room I noticed there were no personal belongings littering the mantle or shelves. Everything was too perfect.

I shifted uneasily in my chair as I heard heels clicking on the tiles as Irene Adler sauntered back into the living room where I was sat. She handed me a mug with tea in it and the heat made my fingers tingle as I gripped the mug tightly. She lowered herself into the chair opposite me, her searching glare looking me up and down.

"You may now explain to me what it is you're doing here Miss..."

She paused

"Sophie"

I muttered

"Sophie..."

She said, a hint of disgust in her voice. She looked at me again with her unfaltering stare until I broke the silence by clearing my throat.

"Well..."

I began, telling her how I was abandoned and don't know who my family are. I recounted how I was moved around foster care 5 times. And finally, I told her how I was being mistreated at my foster home and decided to run away but I was being followed.

She narrowed her eyes at me as if deciding wether or not to believe me but after a moment she simply half shook her head and stood up.

"I'll show you to a spare room"

She said in a monotone voice before walking out wordlessly. I jumped up and followed her down a long hallway, glancing briefly into a room which looked like an office. Remember that I told myself before rushing to catch up to Irene, she opened the door to her "spare room" which in actual fact is about 6 times as big as my room at 221b Bakers street but I wasn't complaining. With a big 4 poster double bed and a TV I was more than pleased with my accommodation, I thanked Irene profusely before closing the door and launching myself at the bed, landing in a mountain of cushions.

I pulled out my disposable phone and sent dad a quick text -

'Missing you :)'

I lay back on the pristine sheets staring up at the ceiling, contemplating how I should try to find out what Miss Adler was hiding. I was interrupted as my phone vibrated. It read -

'It appears you're absence is affecting me also'

I giggled quietly to myself at how that text was dads idea of love. We were so alike sometimes it was like we'd known each other all my life when in fact it's been a matter of days.

An hour later I found myself st across from Miss Adler at a long dining table in silence. We both quietly ate our meal without even really acknowledging the other. When I excused myself from the table, I went straight into my room where I hopped into bed and put the TV on, searching for a movie. When I found a good one, I set my alarm for 1:30. Snooping time.

I feel asleep relatively quickly with the prospect of completing this task on my mind.

AN// Hey people, so here's another pasty for you, what are your thoughts? I would appreciate it if you guys could check out my Instagram for this wattpad account @starryeyes191 which is obviously the same as my username on here. Please let me know what you think of the get to know the writer idea on the last chapter because I really feel like that would be a good idea but idk let me know :)

Starryeyes <3