Chapter 29

Dad and I sat in uncomfortable silence the whole ride back to Bakers street, his eyes never flinching from watching the landscapes sweep past as he stared out the taxi window.

When we got to the apartment he simply got out the car, threw a few notes in the direction of the driver and stormed off without a word.

I thanked the driver and quickly followed after Dad. I wasn't quick enough though because I heard the door of his room closing while I was halfway up the stairs. I sighed and simply walked to my room, flopping down onto my bed.

I decided to bite the bullet and switched on my phone.

3 new messages:

Tyler😚: Sophie I didn't mean what I said, please can we talk about this?

Tyler😚:Sophie I'm sorry just please tell me you're okay

Tyler😚:Sophie I need to see you, when you get this, please just ring me and tell me you're okay, I need to talk to you in person

My heart pounded against my ribs as I dialled his number. He picked up after two rings, panic and worry evident in his voice

"Sophie?"

His voice croaked

"Tyler"

I hardly whispered. A sigh of relief escaped Tyler's mouth on the other end of the line.

"I'm on my way to meet you now, wait on the corner of Bakers street"

His hoarse voice said before cutting off.

I scribbled out a rough note to Dad, slipped it under his bedroom door, grabbed my trench coat and ventured out into the brisk night air once again.

The cold night air nipped at my nose and cheeks as I stood waiting on the corner for Tyler, prompting me to pull my trench coat tighter around myself. I could see Tyler's silhouette approaching as he crossed the road but it was only when he neared that I noticed the slight redness to his eyes and his cheeks that I realised he had been crying.

The hard defensive act I was going to attempt to keep up crumbled the minute he got close to me as I just burst into fresh tears.

"I...I am so sorry Soph... you know I didn't mean what I said, you're the best part of my life, I know we haven't known each other for long but you are special and you're different, you're the most beautiful person I've ever met inside and out and...and..."

He cut himself short, cautiously looking up to meet my eyes

"And I love you Sophie Hooper"

I felt like my body was floating on cloud nine.

My instincts kicked in before my brain did and before I knew it, my lips were pressed against Tyler's.

His hands were wrapped around my waist and my arms were reaching up around his neck. With each passing second, I melted more into the kiss, what felt like fireworks exploding within my stomach.

Finally, I pulled away breathlessly. I stared up into Tyler's piercing blue eyes, our faces only inches apart, before whispering

"I love you too Tyler Adler"

This time, Tyler was the one to close the gap between us, this time with his hands cupping my face. This kiss was slower and gentler yet some how more passionate than the first one and my whole body yearned for the kiss to last forever.

Unfortunately it didn't, and too soon we pulled apart again. My heart fluttered as i stared at Tyler, a huge grin on my face. Without a word, I grabbed his hand and pulled him toward Dad's Bakers street apartment giggling wildly.

We crept up the stairs quietly, both trying to restrain from laughing so we didn't get caught sneaking into my room.

Somehow, we managed to make it to my room without arousing suspicion and we both crumpled to a giggling heap on my bed.

I quickly clamped a hand over my mouth and shushed Tyler, worried dad would hear us but gave up after a few seconds, not caring what he was going to say.

Now that I was sat down on my bed, I realised the exhaustion I was feeling and I struggled to keep my eyes open. Tyler noticed, lying down under my covers with his arms open.

Gladly, I lay down next to him, grateful for his protective arms that wove around my waist again.

Softly, Tyler pressed a kiss to the top of my forehead before whispering in my ear

"Goodnight Soph"

I let my eyelids droop closed, just managing to mumble

"Night Tyler"

Before I was pulled into a deep sleep

AN//: Oh hey there sooooo... I'm back! Hi, hello there! Yes it is I, I have returned from my brief break there, hope you liked the chapter!! I had to get some Tophie in there because I just love their ship way too much! Anyway I am starting to feel better and I am actually able to use writing to distract myself again which is why I love writing so much so that's good! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and I'll see you in the next chapter! Byeeeee :)

Starryeyes <3