Chapter 15

I stood with my mouth slightly agape. How was he so beautiful?

I snapped myself out of it, straightening myself up and regaining focus on what I came here to do.

"Mother, who is your guest?"

His voice sent a wave of chills all down my back and I felt my cheeks flush.

"Tyler, this is Sophie, she's staying here for a while"

I made an attempt at a small smile and a nod in his direction but I was too afraid to raise my eye level above floor height in fear of not being able to take my eyes off him. I guessed he was around 18, private schooled, lives in a warm country because of his tan lines, insanely gorgeous.

"Sophie, this is Tyler, my son"

I felt him move closer to me and my heart beat a little bit faster. I dared steal a glance at him to find that he was holding out his hand for me to shake.

"It's a pleasure"

He gently lowered his head and kissed my hand. I could hardly contain myself as he straightened back up, looking at me with gorgeous brown eyes that made me melt. I hastily pulled my hand away and composed myself, certain that at this point I was beetroot red.

"Hi"

I managed to stutter out, Tyler simply grinned at me, a gorgeous lopsided grin. I turned away and began to walk towards my room, feeling very flustered

"Sophie!"

A voice called out and I turned to see Tyler jogging down the hallway to catch up with me. He reached me and I smiled, letting my brown curls hide my blushing face.

"Do you fancy walking round the gardens with me? I don't suppose mother showed you round properly"

He grinned cheekily at me and I couldn't help but let out a little laugh.

"Um okay then"

I agreed quietly, once again I met his deep brown eyes which were staring back at me. Within seconds, his hand was on my cheek, pushing my unruly curls behind my ears, even after his touch had left my face my cheek tingled where his fingers had made contact with my skin.

"Come on"

He said, grabbing my hand and pulling me along so that we were thundering down the corridors, laughing wildly. We reached the back door and raced out into the crisp air, the wind whipping my hair against my face.

"I want to show you my secret spot"

Tyler said and he gestured for me to follow him, I did so obediently, wrapping my arms around me in a weak attempt to keep myself warm in the chilly air. Tyler noticed me shivering and although I protested, proceeded to drape his jacket over my shoulders.

When we finally reached Tyler's secret spot, it was just a tree. Or so I thought. He pointed up into the leaves and I noticed the wooden structure hidden under the green cover

"A tree house!!!"

I cried, suddenly feeling like a 5 year old again. Tyler laughed and began to climb up the ladder, I followed close behind and when we reached the top, I nearly squealed. It was just a basic tree house but you could see out on to the Scottish moors and fields that surrounded the place. We both sat in silence for a while, appreciating the view.

"You have to see the sunsets from up here"

Tyler whispered wistfully. I looked at him and he was staring at me again.

"What?"

I asked suddenly shy

"Nothing you're just beautiful"

My face flushed bright red and I mumbled, unable to form a sentence. When I looked back over at him though, he was too engrossed in the scenery to notice me.

I fell asleep easily later that night with the image of sunsets, treehouses and dark haired boys in my head.

AN// Raise your hand if you love Tyler already 🙋🏼‍♀️🙋🏼‍♀️🙋🏼‍♀️🙋🏼‍♀️ Look at the photo above for my inspiration. I am sooooo close to 1000 reads it's insane! This will be my first big milestone on any of my wattpad works! I know I obviously reached 500 but 1000? That's crazy! Thank you so much, please make sure to keep reading and if you're enjoying it please recommend it to other people it would mean the world to me ❤️

Starryeyes <3