Chapter 27

WARNING STRONG LANGUAGE

The guilt made my chest felt heavy and a large lump had formed in my throat making it near impossible to swallow. The betrayed expression that was deeply etched into Tyler's features was unmistakable.

"You lied to me"

He barely even whispered, his eyes, filled with pain, never once leaving mine. Before I could even mumble a reply, he turned and walked out of the room, beginning to descend the stairs out of the apartment.

"Tyler wait!"

I yelled, racing after him. I thundered down the stairs close behind him, the tears already welling up in eyes but I bit them back, willing myself to be strong.

He stormed out onto the pavement

"Tyler please"

I begged, the desperation filling my voice. He finally turned around, looking at me with sadness buried deep within his eyes. The way his eyes bore into my soul, right through the brave front I was putting up, broke my heart.

"Please just hear me out"

Tyler's expression changed from hurt to anger in a second.

"What is there to say Sophie... if that's even your name"

My eyes stung but I bit my lip, struggling to keep my composure

"I'm so sorry Tyler, I didn't mean for you to get hurt, I never expected to get so attached to you"

The clouds above thundered and rain began to fall, causing me to shiver involuntarily.

"Why couldn't you just have told me that you knew who your parents were?"

He said, rubbing his temples

"Oh because me telling you that my Dad is Sherlock Holmes, basically your moms biggest target because of the fact that she is... well, was working for Moriarty, Dads sworn enemy, would've gone down a treat wouldn't it?"

I snapped back sarcastically before instinctively folding my arms over my chest.

"So you don't trust me?"

He spat back.

"It's not that- I"

I stuttered but he cut me off

"I thought you were something special Sophie but clearly I was wrong"

I opened my mouth in defence but he continued

"You're just like everyone else in my life, lying, untrustworthy, pieces of shit"

His words cut right through me but I refused to cave to the hurt threatening to spill out.

"I'm not Tyler, I promise I'm different, what we have is different!"

I furrowed my brows, daring to take a step towards him.

"BULLSHIT"

He shouted causing me to jump back, shocked by the sudden outburst.

"I don't want to talk to you, I'm going"

He turned on his heel and began to storm away, I took a step forward, planning to follow him

"AND DONT FOLLOW ME"

He yelled over his shoulder.

I could do nothing but watch him walk away, rooted to the spot.

I stood there long after he'd gone despite the rain that was now pouring down, my clothes soaked through.

The tears now spilled over on to my cheeks, masked by the continuing downpour. I fell to my knees, sobs wracking my body.

I'd messed up badly this time, worse than I ever had before.

I had a chance at having an actual relationship with an actual boy and I'd done what I do with everything in my life.

I'd ruined it.

I was destined to ruin everything in my life.

I knew what I had to do.

Slowly, I stood up, collecting my thoughts. With a somewhat calm composure, I began to walk down the street in the opposite direction to Tyler.

Before I knew it my walk had progressed into a jog and then a run and my feet were now pounding down on the rain soaked pavement. My chest rose and fell with each raspy breath I took and my heart thumped hard against my ribs but I wouldn't stop.

Not until I was as far away from Bakers street as possible.

As far away from Tyler.

As far away from the people I could hurt as I could get.

AN// Dramaaaaaaa!! Tophie is on the rocks and Sophie is running away!?!? Too much drama for one chapter! I had to leave it on a cliffhanger hence why it's quite a short chapter, hope you're all still enjoying, I know I'm enjoying writing it :) Hope you're all having a great weekend :D

Starryeyes <3