Chapter 9

Everyone in the room stopped talking to turn and stare at me. I stood up shakily, aware of all the attention that was focused entirely on me.

"Clearly this Irene Adler has a secret, why else would she be using other people's weaknesses as blackmail?"

I heard a few grunts as this clicked in a few people's heads

"So we play her at her own game! We send someone in, they build her trust, find out what she's hiding and then use it against her. It has to be someone she's never seen before otherwise she'll know what we're doing"

I finished speaking and looked around the room. My father was smiling at me proudly which made me feel all warm inside.

"Well it appears we have all been outsmarted by a 15 year old"  Mycroft slumped back in his chair in awe "clearly she inherited her intelligence from you dearest brother"

Dearest brother? I thought to myself

Everything clicked in to place and it suddenly made sense, surprisingly they looked nothing alike.

When the meeting was finished, the car was waiting for us in the driveway. Sherlock instructed the driver to drop us off at a cafe on a street I've never heard of, when we pulled up I thanked the driver and got out of the car, excited to be able to eat finally.

"Sherlock!"

A man practically ran at sherlock pulling him into a tight hug. I noticed my father chose not to hug him back. Typical.

"Let me guess, he got you off a murder charge?"

I grinned at my dad as he chuckled to himself quietly. The man just stared at the pair of us oddly before leading us away to a small table in the window.

We began talking, I told Sherlock about foster care and stories about my many, many, MANY teachers. He was amazed by my talents of deduction (and my sense of humour) He then told me about some of his past cases, we played a game where he would give me a case and I would try and work out what happened and who did it, of course I was right every time.

"Remarkable"

I smiled happily, it was nice to have someone who appreciated my skills.

We finished up our meals, the man who has greeted us when we first arrived insisted we had our meals for free so we thanked him and left.

We got back to our flat a while later, I said goodnight to my father and walked up to my room. It was so weird to finally be able to call someone dad. Just dad!  I fell asleep smiling happily to myself, thinking about how lucky I was.

A/N: so sorry for such boring chapters recently! I promise the chapters will get better I just needed some filler chapters to build the story!