Chapter 17

Soon we pulled up outside bakers street. I got out of the car and thanked the police officers before grabbing my bags and walking to the front door. I knocked on the door, the short woman with sandy blonde hair appeared in the doorway again.

"Oh hello dear, come on in"

She smiled warmly at me

"I don't think I've properly introduced myself to you love, I'm Mrs Hudson"

"Sophie"

I held my hand out for her to shake, grinning. We both began to ascend the stairs together chatting away.

When I reached the door to dads apartment, I opened it slowly. As hoped he was standing by the window, violin in hand, carefully playing a melancholy tune. I crept behind him slowly before gently covering his eyes.

"Guess who!!"

I yelled before laughing

"Well judging by that unnecessarily loud announcement and that very distinct laugh, I'm going to make an educated guess that you might happen to be my only daughter Sophie"

"Well you would be correct"

I uncovered his eyes and he turned around to face me. I threw my arms around him and breathed in his scent, he stood there awkwardly before patting my back slightly. He pretends to hate contact but deep down I was beginning to think he secretly likes it because when I looked up I was sure that I spotted the hint of a smile playing at the corner of his lips.

"So back to business"

He said before breaking from my grip. I threw myself at the sofa where I was joined by dad, another set of footsteps could be heard on the stairs and soon Mycroft entered the room followed shortly after with John, Mary and Rosie trailing behind.

We began discussing the events of my stay at Irene's home when the topic of her son came up. The image of Tyler raced through my mind and I drifted off into my imagination, remembering that I had his number in my pocket.

"Sophie!"

Mary's voice snapped me back into reality and I found everyone staring at me with smug looks on their faces. I blushed furiously and let my curls drop over my face.

"Judging by the fact that you are now the shade of a beetroot and you're inspecting your hands like they are the most interesting thing on the face of the earth, I would say little Sophie here thinks Mr Adler is rather attractive"

Mycroft smirked wickedly from where he was sat.

"No of course not!"

I snapped back defensively.

"Then why do you have his number in your pocket?"

Dad asked quizzically

Damn it...

"Awww Sophie!"

Mary cooed

I looked around the room.
Surrounded.
Suffocated.
It was my nightmare.
I couldn't breathe.

My mind wouldn't function but my feet worked on their own, forcing me to stand up and run into my room, slamming the door shut behind me before sliding down to the floor, landing in a heap of sobbing and shaking limbs.

AN// Happy Wednesday everyone :) New chapter! Sorry it's been such a wait, I am swamped with school work and revision at the moment but I've got my Christmas break coming up soon and hopefully I can write more then! Love you guys so much hope you have a great rest of the week

Starryeyes <3