Chapter 38

20 weeks

Tyler and I walked hand in hand down the street in town as we strolled past the shops. My other hand rested on my now visible bump where it instinctively found itself most of the time.

Now that I was firmly out of the first trimester, the morning sickness had FINALLY passed and I was now enjoying being pregnant so much more.

One thing I wasn't enjoying was the stares and looks that we got as we walked through the centre of town together.

With my bump now visible, I can no longer hide the fact that I am pregnant and from one look at my face, you can see that I am young. Maybe as it progresses, I'll get used to the judgemental stares but for now, it stings when I see the look of disappointment from strangers who I shouldn't even care about.

"If you have something to say, then say it to our faces instead of tutting as you walk past you cow"

Shouted Tyler, as we walked past another middle aged woman with her disapproving glare.

"Tyler stop it's fine I can handle it"

I mumbled to him, tugging on his hand to keep him from turning round and catching up to her like I know he would.

Fine was all he grumbled under his breath.

As we rounded the corner, i spotted the telltale sign for the shop which sold all the baby stuff. Tyler and I turned into the door and began browsing through the aisles upon aisles of baby things.

"Look how cute these tiny shoes are!!"

I gushed as I raced towards the first rack, practically melting on the spot. Tyler laughed and placed a kiss on my forehead as he stood beside me in the aisle.

"It's strange that we're half way through now and soon we'll have a tiny human who can wear things like this"

I said to him, turning to look up into those huge blue eyes.

"I know, we're so excited to meet you trouble"

He whispered as he lowered himself down toward my stomach so he was level with the bump.

"Come on you nutter"

I laughed and pulled him back up so we could continue browsing the aisles.

~

After finishing our browsing in the store and buying some very cute items including a grandad loves you onesie I knew my dad was going to hate, Tyler and I left the store and began walking back up the high street in the direction of the clinic.

I nervously chewed my fingernail as we walked hand in hand. Even though we were out of the most dangerous part of the pregnancy, part of me was still terrified that when we went to any appointments, they would say something was wrong or that I wasn't a good enough mother and I wasn't doing my job properly.

Tyler noticed and squeezed my hand lightly.

"Everything is going to be alright love, I promise. And anyway we get to find out if it's a boy or a girl today"

I smiled in a weak attempt at making myself feel better and calm my nerves.

20 minutes later, we sat in the small ultrasound room.

I perched on the table with Tyler's hand in mine, shaking my leg in a panic as we waited for the technician to return to the room.

"Hi there, my name is Dr Martinez and I'll be doing the ultrasound for you today!"

A bright smiling nurse bustled into the room with a clipboard in hand.

"Is this the father?"

She asked, gesturing to Tyler.

I nodded, unable to respond with anything else.

She smiled at me kindly and told me to get in position on the table ready for the scan as she hooked up the monitor and the machines ready.

I gently lifted my shirt and she placed the cold jelly on my stomach. My eyes fell on the screen as I waited for the image of our baby to form there.

Out of the black and white screen, a shape emerged, so much bigger than it had been the last time we had seen it. Once again my heart felt like it expanded with more love than I had ever known was possible. My eyes grew wet with the tears and I looked over to see Tyler mesmerised by the picture on the screen.

"Do you want to know the gender?"

The technician asked us.

We both nodded together, still in awe of the image on the screen

"It's a girl"

The lady beamed

A baby girl.

"That's our baby girl"

Tyler managed in hardly more than a whisper

...
....
.....

I feel like I should insert that tik tok that's like hey...hey...how yall doin?
I am SO SO SO SORRY! I actually had the worst writers block ever known to man...ever. I mean it took me since October to write this...
I am SO SO SORRY AGAIN! Please don't hate me!
In other news, there is nearly 80,000 reads on this ahhhhhhhh!!
I actually am still blown away by how many people love this story that I created, it's actually baffling!
Hello to all my new babies!!
I can't and won't make any promises for updates because we know that doesn't work well for me so instead I will say, see you all when I next decide that I want to write something whenever that may be

Much love babies ❤️

Starryeyes <3