Chapter 22

SHERLOCKS PERSPECTIVE

I lay on the sofa, throwing my stress ball up and down in the air, puzzling over my latest case.

My phone buzzed, interrupting my thoughts. As I was still awaiting Sophie's return, I picked up my phone expecting to see her name however when I looked at the sender, my curiosity was peaked.

Text message from unknown number

I opened up the message to see who it was only to be more shocked.

Hi Sherlock, it's Molly, I think we need to talk, how about we meet up?

I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks as I reread the message. I quickly replied, trying to seem like it didn't phase me that she wanted to meet, especially after what happened the last time we saw each other.

I suppose that would be appropriate. Where do you propose?

I felt my hands getting clammy, unsure of the feelings surging through my blood as I awaited her reply.

Well I'll be in the area this weekend, how about I drop into Bakers street?

She was actually coming here. To Bakers street. I tried to regain my normal composure but Molly Hooper seemed to have a certain effect on me that I just couldn't quite seem to understand.

That seems like the most suitable suggestion

I waited anxiously, thankfully she was quick to reply

Okay, I'll drop in on Saturday, see you then Sherlock, M x

I put my phone back on the desk, flopping back into my chair. Saturday was two days away. And Molly Hooper, the only woman I've ever slept with, was coming to this apartment. I couldn't help but crack a small smile despite my protests. My phone buzzed again and part of me hoped it would be Molly again but this time I saw Sophie's name flash up on the screen.

HavE you Left my Pizza MEal? I haVE Brought nEw EarriNgs, taKe my kIt DowN And Put Pasta in EDen's bowl, Love Sophie x

The capital letters read "HELP ME IVE BEEN KIDNAPPED" My fatherly instincts kicked in and my blood ran cold, I jumped up from my seat and grabbed my trench coat. As I flew down the stairs I dialled Johns number, impatiently hoping he'd pick up on the second ring like normal.

"Sherlock?"

His voice sounded concerned and exhausted at the same time as he picked up my call

"John, Sophie has been kidnapped. and I need to find her. Right now. Where would she be? Who took her?"

My voice came out more flustered than expected.

"Slow down Sherlock I'm on my way"

John's collected demeanour calmed my pulsing nerves slightly as my feet pounded down the stairs. I burst through the door of Bakers street and out onto the pavement, frantically searching the streets, hoping that Sophie would materialise out of thin air but she didn't to my bitter disappointment. John's car turned onto Bakers street and barely had a chance to stop before I threw myself at the door, yanking the handle and leaping into the passengers seat.

"Where do you think she is?"

I didn't even get chance to reply as a notification from a blocked number appeared. I opened it to be greeted with a video of the beaten face of my beautiful daughter. The pained expression she wore and the tears and blood that stained her cheeks made anger surge through me. Then his voice. The voice of Jim Morriarty.

I stopped breathing for a second, unable to fathom the scene I was witnessing. I scoured my brains for anything and everything I could possibly think of that would give me an idea as to where they were. The warehouse clicked in my mind.

I screamed at John to drive faster as I blurted out the address of the old abandoned warehouse that he'd been sighted at before. I didn't realise my hands were in fists until I felt a twinge of pain where my nails threatened to pierce the skin on my hands. I prayed that we weren't to late.

We pulled into the industrial estate that I recalled visiting on a case once, but before I even thought about anything else, I yanked my seatbelt off and stormed towards the doors of the derelict warehouse, pure rage threatening to take over my emotions. I stopped in front of the door, gently feeling for the comforting outline of the gun tucked away in my pocket, reassured that I had the power to do what I was about to do.

No one hurts my baby girl was the last thought I had before I launched myself at the door to the warehouse, bursting into the room with my gun aimed in front.

Sophie stood in front of Morriarty, a look of terror on her face and a piece of metal above her head. She looked as though she was going to swing it but I didn't wait long enough to find out.

The bullets ripped through him from the back and his body dropped to the floor limply. Sophie stared over at John and I in the doorway, a dazed and shocked look washed over her face as the realisation of the situation hit her full force.

"Fancy seeing you here"

She managed to mumble coherently, before fainting, falling to the ground with a thud.

AN// Bit of Sherlolly there ;) More of that to come *wink wink*, I couldn't decide what I wanted to do with this chapter! I rewrote it so many times but I think this is a pretty good chapter, I really enjoy writing from other perspectives like Molly and Sherlock, I don't know how do you guys feel about it? I wanted to make it so that Molly and Sherlock will get time together but I needed to write it in somehow hence why this chapter came about but yeah who knows... maybe you might get to find out what happened on "that night" ;) ;) #nospoilers, Thank you!

Starryeyes <3