Chapter 35

Mom and I positioned ourselves next to each other on the sofa as Dad entered the room. I fiddled with the dreaded stick behind my back as I sat there, biting my lip in anticipation.

"Does Tyler know yet?"

He asked without even skipping a beat. His talents of deduction were extremely annoying at times. I pulled the stick out and handed it to him shaking my head.

"We've booked her first hospital appointment for tomorrow so we'll tell him after that"

Dad just looked at me with a hint of sadness beneath his eyes. Although he didn't show it, I could sense a hint of disappointment beneath the surface, I couldn't blame him honestly as even I was disappointed in myself.

I woke up the next morning with the quickly becoming routine feeling of nausea settled in my stomach, however this morning it was amplified by the nerves of my first hospital appointment. Questions about the baby's health circled my brain but I quickly tried to swipe them away as I finished getting ready.

30 minutes later I was sat next to mom in the white waiting room of the hospital, staring off absent mindlessly at a poster on the wall. It was only the feeling of mom placing a hand on my leg that grounded me again.

"Everything is going to be okay"

She simply said, quiet enough that only I could hear. The sincerity in her voice and her eyes filled me with a renewed sense of hope and by the time my name was called, I felt somewhat calm.

I lay back on the bed as the nurse moved the monitor around on my stomach which was still unnoticeable. The screen showed nothing until a small blob appeared out of the darkness and the sound of a healthy heartbeat filled the room. My heart nearly exploded with the overwhelming love I felt for the blob on the screen, it was hard to believe that I felt so strongly about such a tiny thing so early on.

"Everything is absolutely fine, heartbeat is strong, all of your stats are normal so I'd say we have nothing to worry about right now"

The nurse said smiling at me, I simply nodded still awestruck at the tiny life that was growing inside of me. She printed off the pictures she had taken and handed them to me so I could take them home and I got off the bed and got ready to leave with mom.

On the way home, I texted Tyler to come over, there was no point dragging it out any longer.

When we arrived home, I showed dad the pictures we had got from the scan. Any signs of disappointment he had shown previously had appeared to disappear as he looked down in wonder at the pictures.

"Wow"

Was all he managed to say. When he looked up, I thought I'd seen a glint of a tear in his eyes but it was gone as quickly as I had seen it.

A knock at the door made my stomach drop as I realised the magnitude of the situation that was about to unfold.

It was the make or break moment for Tyler and I

Evening!
Another upload!! Aren't you lucky people ;) How are all you beautiful people? I'd love to chat to some of you if you'd like so feel free to send me a message, replies are guaranteed because I don't get many messages!! Hope you enjoyed the part, bit of a boring one but the next one is a juicy one, how will Tyler react???? Wouldn't you all like to know... hehehehe the power of being the writer ;) anyway I've rambled for too long so I'll leave now, byeee

Starryeyes <3