Chapter 34

~2 months later~

After having spent what felt like endless nights at my Uncle's and even having my 16th birthday without my dad, he was finally allowed out of rehab after 9 weeks

Mom and I sat waiting anxiously as the nurses wrote out his discharge papers. I jiggled my leg at about 40mph and bit my nails with anticipation, it was the first time I'd seen him since his breakdown at bakers street because everyone thought it would be best for both of us to be apart so he could heal on his own. Nausea tugged at my stomach,

am I that nervous to see him?

I thought to myself.

I looked over at mom, she was trying to maintain a calm composure but from the movement of her eyes and the way she was picking at loose threads on her top, I deduced she was equally as nervous as I was.

His brown curls came into view as he strode round the corner and my face broke into a smile. I leapt up from the chair and raced towards him.

"Dad!"

I cried and threw myself into his arms. He laughed and squeezed me tight which, by the way, was highly out of character for him.

It was short lived though because my stomach twisted and the sudden urge to throw up hit me, I looked around frantically before racing to the toilet, mom following close behind.

After a while, I sat back from the toilet and wiped my mouth. Exhausted, I looked up at my mom and her eyes met mine, she had a questioning look in her eye and my heart plummeted for a second.

Was she suggesting what I thought?

I thought back to how Tyler had been complaining about my mood swings lately, the cramps I'd had, my inability to eat much lately. Now the nausea...

My eyes widened in realisation

I'd missed my period

Mom's eyes met mine once more and I nodded my head.

Without another word, she helped me up off the floor and got me freshened up. We walked out the bathroom to the concerned face of my father.

"Something didn't agree with me"

I said simply

Later that evening I paced my room quietly, awaiting the arrival of mom back at the apartment. One sharp knock on the door sounded that she had returned from the shop.

I opened the door and she handed me the small bag with the box inside which I quickly pulled out and stuffed in my hoodie pocket.

My heart hammered in my chest as I went into the bathroom. I took the test and placed it by the sink before setting a timer for 3 minutes.

Thoughts whirled around my head at a mile a minute as I stood by the sink, how was I going to be a mother at 16? Would Tyler stick around if I was? I could barely think straight as I stood there, the agony of waiting dragged on until finally the timer pinged.

Slowly, I picked up the test, my heart inside my mouth. I unlocked the door and brought the stick out to my mom.

She looked from me to the the test multiple times before nodding.

She too could see the distinct two blue lines.

Crap

Ooo it's me again! Double upload! I have a habit of doing this, not uploading forever and then so many times all at once, oh well. There's trouble! How do you feel now that Sophie is pregnant?!?! Exciting!! I've wanted to do this for so long but I needed to build the story first, I can't wait to write more of this! Hope you enjoyed the double upload, until next chapter,
Bye guys!

Starryeyes :)