Chapter 23

SHERLOCK'S PERSPECTIVE

~Saturday morning~

"John!"

I yelled again, this time I heard movement and then the rhythmic footsteps of Dr John Watson, coming down the corridor.

His sandy, almost grey haired head appeared in the doorway and he raised an eyebrow at me.

"How is Sophie doing? Still groggy?"

I asked

"Yeah, she just needs rest though and she'll soon be back to normal. I'm going to head out"

I nodded and began to walk in the direction of Sophie's room who, although was very bruised and quite groggy still, seemed to be making a good recovery to my relief. I gently pushed open the door to her room and saw that she was sound asleep, her face angelic as she snored lightly. My heart felt warm as I watched her for a few more seconds before feeling adequately reassured that she was soundly asleep.

I checked my phone again, expecting to see silence again but this time there was a message from Molly.

I'm outside x

I nervously braced  myself before walking down the stairs, my legs like jelly with every step i descended. When I reached the front door, I rubbed my clammy hands on my trousers before opening the door to see her.

The most beautiful woman in the world.

When our eyes met, my stomach twisted and turned inside me and I couldn't help but let a small smile dare to show itself on my lips.

Her brown eyes shone in the way I remembered, her chestnut brown hair in tousled curls around her shoulders. She then proceed to do that little grin that made the corners of her eyes crinkle and my breath caught in my throat as the feelings of betrayal id felt when she left without warning flooded back to me.

I stepped out of the way, beckoning her to come in. She did so gratefully, wiping her feet on the mat and ascending the stairs up to the apartment.

She stopped in the door way of the living room, a look of nostalgia washing over her, I knew she was thinking about that night. Our eyes met for a few seconds, my heart thumped a bit harder as her eyes pierced into my soul, I was sure she could read my emotions like a book, I turned away to escape her gaze, my defences shooting up and cleared my throat awkwardly.

"Right then... have a seat"

I motioned to the sofas and chairs around the room, awkwardly she perched on the edge of the armchair directly across from me. I refused to meet her eyes again, instead studying my hands in detail.

"I didn't want to leave"

Molly's voice filled with regret broke the silence that hung over the room. I looked at her, seeing the truth behind her words.

"Then why did you?"

I asked bitterly, for a second she didn't reply, deep in her own thoughts.

"Sherlock, I had no choice! I was pregnant, you clearly weren't ready to be a father, you were still a drug addict, hardly the kind of father I wanted my child to grow up with! God I wasn't even ready, that's why I gave her up!"

Molly, as if shocked by her own outburst, clamped a hand over her mouth.

"I'm sorry Sherlock I-I'm sor.."

She mumbled

"Molly, it's okay, I know that you must have had a good reason to give her up, I don't blame you, it was just the leaving without saying goodbye that I couldn't understand"

She looked up, suddenly embarrassed

"I wanted to, I really did, leaving like that tore me apart, but..."

She stopped short, staring in the direction of the doorway, her mouth slightly agape. I followed her gaze to see the figure of Sophie, staring intently at Molly across the room, standing in the doorway.

"Sophie"

Was the only coherent word that exited Molly's mouth before she broke down into heart wrenching sobs, her body shaking as she didn't dare look away from Sophie, scared that she would disappear into thin air if she blinked.

Sophie looked at me, confusion buried deep beneath her eyes, I nodded a small nod at her, giving her my encouragement and without any warning, Sophie launched her self into Molly's arms, breaking down into tears as Molly cradled her close.

"Mom"

Was the only slurred word that Sophie could form.

AN// Hello everyoneeee! I've finished my mock exams now so I've got loads of free time again and I'm going to write a lot this weekend hopefully, hope you're having a great Saturday! Just want to thank Queen-Of-HellHounds for her idea on the last chapter, I appreciate your support :) Also guess who is nearly at 2k reads?! This girllll!!! So happy :D anyway hope you have a great weekend guys

Starryeyes <3