Chapter 10

A/N: the bit in italics is Sophie's nightmare. Also I'm sorry for such a slow update, I've had really bad writers block and I've done like 3 drafts for this chapter so far  and deleted everyone of them! Hope you enjoy the chapter!

I could only make out the outline of the woman in the distance, she began to walk away from me, further and further out of my reach. I tried to scream out but words were not escaping my mouth. I tried running but I was in slow motion and the rest of the world was in fast forward, I couldn't breathe and I felt like the weight of the earth was balancing on my chest meanwhile my mother was slipping further away.

I awoke with a start, my whole body was shaking violently and my breath was ragged. I closed my eyes inhaling and exhaling as Laura had taught me. I've had the same nightmare every night since I was 11 and yet I still awoke every time feeling like the world was about to fall apart.

Wiping the tears that were streaming down my cheeks, I stood up. I couldn't cope with being stuck in that room any longer.

I stumbled down the hallway into the living room. My father was lying on the sofa, 3 nicotine patches on his arms, throwing and catching a ball in his hand. He heard me approach although I couldn't hear anything he said after that as I was gripping the doorframe with all my might, willing the room to stop spinning.

I felt a pair of hands steadying me however they weren't my father's hands. These hands were steady and comforting. Definitely a doctor however that was the last thought I had before I blacked out completely.

Time skip! ~

"Sophie"

The sound of my name being called brought me back. I rubbed my eyes groggily, my head was pounding and I couldn't see straight. I made out the blurred figure of the older man with grey hair whom I had met the first time I had met my father.

"Ah she's awake" I heard the man say

I tried to sit up but regretted it instantly as my elbows buckled under the weight of my body. I resumed my position lying down.

"Are you okay Sophie?" He asked

I nodded slowly, rubbing my temples.

"My head hurts" I mumbled

He left the room and came back a few minutes later holding a cold flannel which he placed on my forehead.

"Where's dad?"

I shot up suddenly aware I wasn't in my home.

"Calm down, Sherlock called me over to
help him on the case he was working on. Lucky for you, when you fainted I happened to be walking up the stairs and managed to grab you before you fell. Unfortunately I had none of my medical supplies on me so i had to bring you back here and I told Sherlock I'd look after you as he was called out on a case"

I nodded taking in all the information

"Who are you again?" I asked embarrassed I couldn't remember

"Dr John Watson"

It was at that moment I realised there was a girl standing in the doorway smiling at me, I returned the smile taking in her appearance, definitely Dr johns daughter. He followed my eyes to the girl in the doorway

"Sophie, this is Rosie, my daughter"