Chapter 21

The light blinded me as I came round, my head pulsing. I closed my eyes again in an attempt to lessen the headache.

"Ahhhh! The Princess rises from her slumber"

The same unhinged voice from the phone echoed through the room. Struggling, I opened an eye to see a shadow on the wall of what appeared to be an abandoned warehouse.

"The princess will be putting you into a slumber if you don't shut that mouth of yours and stop calling me princess"

I responded coolly, unwilling to give the figure the rise they are vying for.

"Still feisty even after being sedated, kidnapped and restrained, you have your fathers stubbornness I see"

The figure emerged from the shadows to reveal a man with a psychopathic smile like a Cheshire Cat. His presence made me uncomfortable and I tried to move my wrists to punch him but they were tied to my chair.

"Sorry princess you must try harder than that"

He grinned, laughing like a manic. I felt my anger rising as I fiddled with the ties on my hands.

(Dad will be here soon)

I thought to myself breathing deeply

"Well I thought I would be more challenged honestly, one vs one seems quite fair don't you think? I guess I expected a more gruelling mental challenge considering everything my dad has told me about you... Jim Morriarty"

He stopped in his tracks and stared at me, my attempts to make him flustered were clearly effective. I silently praised dad for my talents.

"H...how...what?"

He was stunned, this time it was my turn to grin.

"More like your father than expected"

He muttered as though he was thinking deeply about something. If there was even a hint of curiosity in Morriarty's face, it was gone with in a second and he regained his composure.

"Perhaps we should give your dear father and incentive to come and get you, what do you think princess?"

I held my tongue on his use of princess again, vowing to give this guy an absolute battering when I got free. I regained control of my feelings and neutralised my face.

Turning back around to face me, Morriarty had a new expression, it was a mix of pleasure and hatred mixed into one. As he neared me, his lips curled into a cruel smile and he raised his hand into a fist, colliding it first with my eye, followed by my nose, lip and lastly my stomach rendering me winded and unable to catch my breath.

He proceeded to pull a phone out of his pocket and hit the record button on me, as the blood and tears streamed down my face. I grimaced, trying not to look like I was in pain, to look like Morriarty had won but the throbbing in my face was unbearable.

"Come on Sherlock, I'm getting boooorrreeedd!! Come and find your princess and I!"

He skipped around the room like a lunatic, giggling and smiling. Wow this guy was absolutely bonkers.

"Come on Princess, beg for your daddy to come and save you!!"

He sneered, pushing the camera toward my face, I proceeded to spit in his face and use the part of my leg from my knee downwards that hadn't been cable tied to kick him where "the sun doesn't shine" shall we say..., forcing him to keel over and drop the phone to the floor. I finally managed to loosen the ties around my wrists and pull them off before untying my legs, finally free from my chair.

Riding on the adrenaline, I rushed to the other side of the warehouse where I grabbed a loose piece of metal I'd had my eyes on and spun round, brandishing my weapon.  I heard manic laughter echoing through the warehouse as Morriarty stood back up, prowling across the warehouse towards me.

"Oh Miss Holmes, what a delight it has been to abduct you, I hope you have thoroughly enjoyed it as much as I have, hopefully we can rearrange soon?"

I scowled at him, gritting my teeth. He was inching closer and closer as I raised my weapon further and further into the air, ready to swing. He was in reach now, close enough to swing at, I was inching it up, about to swing when...

Gunshots rang out in the warehouse.

A flash of bullets and blood.

I didn't know what had happened until Morriarty's body flopped lifelessly to the floor, the life drained out of him as the blood seeped through his short.

I looked to the door to find Dad and John, both looking at me with concern, Dad with the gun still raised.

"Fancy seeing you here"

I managed to mumble nonchalantly before fainting unceremoniously to the floor

AN// Happy Tuesday! I should be revising right now but hey ho, I'm letting off steam from my mocks today that went awful but there's nothing I can do now so I'm just writing for a bit, anyway I hope you like this part, lot of drama! Anyway I'm pretty close to 2k now which is mildly exciting!! XD Feel free to comment on here and tell me what your thoughts are, I'd love to know what you guys are thinking because I only get my own opinion on what I write :) thanks for reading!

Starryeyes <3