Chapter 11 - EDITED

Rosie had big blue eyes and sandy blonde hair which tumbled down to shoulder length. She leaned against the doorframe, a look of curiosity filling her eyes. I smiled weakly at her which she returned before looking down and fumbling with the hem of her tshirt which suddenly seemed to be mesmerising.

I turned my attention back to Dr Watson who had stood up and was hobbling his way towards where Rosie was standing. I was going to ask him about wether it was Iraq or Afghanistan that he fought in however I couldn't seem to gather my thoughts to ask him so I made a mental note to ask later. Once he'd left the room I closed my eyes for a bit, drifting into my mind palace only to be rudely interrupted as I felt the sofa sink under the weight of someone else.

I opened one eye to be met with my fathers face, I was sure for a second I saw a flicker of worry behind that quizzical stare however it was gone as quickly as it had come and I shook it off.

"I need your help"

He said before getting up and pacing. I couldn't contain my excitement and made a successful attempt to push myself up to a sitting position.

"Fire away"

"I need you to gain Irene Adler's trust"

He mentioned casually. I looked at him curiously, with an eyebrow raised.

"And how do I do that?"

I asked crossing my arms over my chest.

"Well, I was thinking maybe you-"

"-could say that im on the run. That I escaped from my foster home and that someone is after me so-"

"-you need somewhere to stay for a bit, you have to deny all knowledge of who I am though if she asks because we're so similar."

We finished cutting each other off, both admiring our similarities.

"Bloody hell"

Watson sighed in disbelief from the doorway where he had been leaning the whole time.

"It's going to take me a while to get used to this"

He hobbled forward, Rosie following cautiously behind. John lowered himself into an armchair and Rosie perched on the arm, her eyes still averting eye contact.

We soon entered into a discussion about how I should go about my task with Mary, John's wife, joining in when she arrived home. We eventually came to the decision that I would have to travel there on my own and keep contact with my dad by messaging him on a disposable phone. It seemed like a reasonable demand so I accepted.

Eventually, Dad and I said our goodbyes and got a taxi back to the apartment. We both sat in comfortable silence on the way home, each quietly contemplating our own problems. I watched the building glide past as we drove past but I couldn't focus on anything but the task that was balancing on my shoulders.

AN// aaaaaaand I'm back :) Helloooo everybody and thank you for waiting so patiently for this update, I appreciate it a lot! So this is the next part and I hope you enjoyed, hopefully I will stay motivated to keep posting parts on here because I really enjoyed writing this so I will be writing the next part straight away :D

Ps: Thank you so much for so many reads guys! :)

PPs: if you read the next chapter I have edited this chapter and the next one and you'll understand why 🤦🏽‍♀️

Starryeyes <3