Chapter 8

Sophie's POV -

"Who's Sophie" the man asked

Sherlock motioned to the doorway where I was stood

"My daughter" he replied

I smiled awkwardly at the man as he just stared, mouth wide open.

"Sophie, this is George Lestrade"

"It's Greg dad" I corrected him almost instantly, this made Lestrade even more confused

"How could you possibly know that?" Lestrade began but cut himself off as he remembered whose daughter I was. "Anyway, Mycroft wants you to meet him immediately,  he's sending a car"

The man left the room shortly followed by my father and finally me when I realised what was happening. I had so many questions as I rushed down the stairs and out off the door. There was a black car parked outside with tinted windows. My father opened the door to the back of the car, we jumped in and before I'd even had chance to put my seatbelt on, the car pulled away from the curb.

We arrived at an office building a short while later, it looked more like a stately home than offices, I concluded Mycroft must be an important man. The driver got out of the front and ushered us out of the car.

"Who's Mycroft?" I asked curiously however I had no reply.

Sherlock continued walking swiftly up to the door where he pushed a few buttons and the door buzzed. He pushed open the door, wiping his feet on the mat, I copied him not wanting to be rude and closed the door behind me.

"How kind of you to join me Sherlock, oh and you brought company!"

I traced the source of the voice to a tall man in a brown suit. He had slicked back, brown hair and a sly smile. He swilled a whiskey glass in his hand before tipping back the contents of the bottom of the glass.

He gestured for us to follow him down a hallway that seemed to go on for days. I could hear the two men in front of me speaking in hushed tones but I was far too busy taking in my surroundings to pay any attention to what they were speaking about.

After a while, we arrived at what appeared to be a large board room. We opened the door and 8 faces turned to look at us. I was instructed to sit in the chair at the back of the room, I did so happily as it had taken a lot of pleading on my behalf to even be allowed to sit in the back.

"Hello everyone, thank you for clearing your schedules at such short notice...."

I  zoned out, staring down at the passers by on the street. My thoughts wandered away as I entered my mind palace.

When I returned to reality, the board room was deep in a heated debate. I listened intently to what was being said. They were discussing what to do about Irene Adler (otherwise known as The Woman), apparently she had information which threatened to be the downfall of the government as we know it if it gets into the wrong hands. Sounds like my kind of person I thought to myself.

"But Mycroft we have to be careful"

"This could be the end of the whole government"

"She knows every weakness we could possibly have"

"Anyone have any ideas?"

I plucked up the courage from somewhere and coughed loudly

"I do...I think?" I mumbled quietly