I meet Miss America

I walked south from my apartment towards the beach. It had been almost a week since the war ended. And every night, nightmares haunt me.

Every night I see them die. And some nights I also get to relive my time in the Pit. (Her time in the Pit is going to be different, just saying.)

I thought about Clint and Wanda. They seemed like really nice people. Although Wanda did seem a little haunted by something. But maybe that's just me.

I smiled, every step took me closer to the scent of the sea in the air. Maybe Dad's in a good mood today.

Doubtful, he's been in a mood since Mom and Paul died.

I mean Dad come on! A hurricane!

Thankfully, I could wrestle enough control away from him to redirect it. The effort from doing that left me vomiting for three hours. Then I was coughing up blood. I may not be the sharpest blade in the armory, but I don't think that's a good thing.

I neared the beach and saw the waves beating peacefully against the shore.

Although those aren't words that you would put together on their own.

Beating. Peaceful.

Nope. Never would put those together on their own.

Anyway. I walked towards my father's domain.

The weather is still warm enough that some people are swimming, surfing, sunbathing, and all in all oblivious to how close the world came to ending.

I waded until the water was at my knees. Occasionally, a wave would cause the water to surge up to my mid-thigh.

This caused the bottom part of my shorts to get wet. But do I look like I care? Oh wait. You can't see me. Or can you???

Hello my Lady! A dolphin yelled from somewhere nearby, pulling me away from my demolishment of the fourth wall.

Hi! I yelled back, wondering how Delphin is. He is one of the least annoying gods out there.

"Shark!" Someone yelled. A frenzy started as people rushed to get out of the water.

A fin was cutting through the water, but it was a curved dorsal fin.

It's the dolphin I was just talking to.

What's your name?

Marena, my Lady.

Okay, Marena. Can you tell my dad to stop sending super hurricanes towards land? Tell him I was sick for three hours after I redirected that last storm.

Of course my Lady! Farewell!

Before I could say goodbye Marena was out of my ,er, hearing range.

Well, that's that.

I walked back to the city, taking in how much New York hasn't changed.

You wouldn't think four years ago an alien attack happened. Or that last year the evil immortal Titan lord of time tried to destroy Olympus.